Im Getting a Breast Lift with Implant in a Week and I Dont Know What Size Implant to Get. Opinions? (photo)

I am a 34b and I want to be a small C. I am getting silicone moderate profile implants. I am 5'10 and 135 pounds. What size implant should I get? I want the most natural looking breasts possible, but still nice and full. Also I have very broad shoulders and a small waist. my stats are 34b 25 27. i want them to look so natural that no one will know. I was thinking somewhere between 225-300cc. what do you think? thank you!

Best Breast Implant Size for Breast Lift and Augmentation C cup

+2

Laura,

The best size of breast implant to achieve a small C cup depends on your current breast size. One helpful method is called the Rice Test which is described in the link below.

Be aware that cup size varies depending on the Bra Manufacturer. A C cup at Victoria Secret may be a B cup at a less high end retailer.

You mention you are getting a breast lift? From your photos I would guess that a simple breast augmentation will certainly give you the fullness that you want without the extra surgery and scarring involved in a breast lift.

Implant Selection Process

+1

It appears that this implant range will reach your goals.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

In breast augmentation, the size of implant for a certain cup size depends a lot on your base width diameter

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos. From the pictures you provided and your stats, you will likely be able to handle an implant somewhere between 300 and 350cc because you are tall and have shoulders. The critical number that is missing is your base width diameter.  This will help determine the correct width of implant to choose which can have a big impact on the volume you choose. Also, return to your plastic surgeon's office as many times as you need for sizing.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Size

+1

Hello Laura,

Your surgeon should take vital measurements to determine what the most appropriate implant size is for your anatomy.  It will most likely be in the range you were thinking.  The profile should probably be moderate, not moderate plus if you want the most natural results.  Remember, moderate implants are wider (therefore 'fuller') than moderate plus implants, and they will impart less obvious fullness on top.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

What Size Implant SHouldI Get?

+1

This sounds awfully simple, and it is....you should get whatever size it takes to give you the look you want. Your job is to let the surgeon know what that look is (photos are a big help). It is the surgeon's job to figure out the implant size. Unless you do this for a living, there is no way you are going to be able to know the answer to your question and your surgeon will know during surgery when he uses sizers under the muscle filled to different volumes until he determines the volume, this the implant size, that will give you your goal.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Try some implants on for size

+1

The best guess you have for outcome is sizing with breast implants in a plastic surgeon's office. You are tall and can probably carry even a 350cc implant nicely, but it's best to see for yourself.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Best not to focus on the size of the implant, but on the desired appearance

+1

Hi there-

The very best advice I can give you is to help your surgeon understand what you want your breasts to look like when you're done... If you are able to achieve the appearance you dream of, I suspect you won't care what letter is on your bra or what number is on your implants.

Please review this with the surgeon you've chosen- it's not fair to yourself or to your surgeon to ask technical questions online and then hold him responsible for your outcome.

Armando Soto, MD

Breast lift with implants, worried about size

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. This is the question that you should've discussed with your plastic surgeon at your preoperative visit (I see my patients 2 weeks prior to surgery). You should not go into surgery feeling anxious or worried about the outcome. Breast implant size and volume is choosen based on your breast base width and skin elasticity. Your breasts are high on your chest wall and I do not know where they will be lifted. You do have some asymmetry (right side smaller and nipple lower), but this could be corrected with different size implants or a small right periareolar lift. Remember, they are sisters and not twins. Go back to your plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns and worries prior to your surgery.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Implant size help

+1
No one can promise you a specific cup size because it depends on which brand of bra you wear (I.e. A "D" in Victoria Secret may be a "C" in Playtex). Also, no one can really promise you a specific look, because this depends on how you heal ( the scar capsule you form around the implant) the size and type of implants you choose, your breast shape and dimensions and your chest shape. At this stage, you should have had or be having the sizing discussion with your surgeon.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Implant size for surgery next week

+1

Honestly, if your surgery is next week, you should be discussing this with your surgeon. You are going to get too many different opinions on a site like this which is going to potentially get you very confused. Get back in to see you surgeon and get the plan clear before your surgery. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD