Will a Breast Lift/Implant Eliminate the Extra Skin Below my Armpit Beside my Breasts? (photo)

Hi there, I've lost over 200+ pounds and am very HAPPY and proud of that. I now would like to improve the appearance of my non-existent breast and "bat wings". I was wondering if a breast lift with implants will eliminate the loose skin/flap below my armpit. Can a Brachioplasty be part of that and will the lift/implants help? I'm not sure what my options are. I definitely need a lift and implants but am not sure my options for that either. Periareolar? Lollipop? Anchor?

Will a Breast Lift/Implant Eliminate the Extra Skin Below my Armpit Beside my Breasts?

In my opinion based solely upon the posted photos the answer is NO. But better to be seen in person to discuss this issue. 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Brachioplasty and breast lift after massive weight loss

Great job on your weight loss!

I think that a mastopexy or breast lift with an anchor incision would be your best option.  If you want to be bigger, this can be combined with breast augmentation.

These procedures may minimally correct the skin you have circled in the photo, but a better option would be an extended brachioplasty with the incision taken into the armpit.

Good luck in the future

Shankar Lakshman, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

10 Congress Street
Pasadena, CA 91105

Lift and brachioplasty

Congratulations on your weight loss!  That is terrific. As for a lift, I do a lot of verticals, but I think in your case because of all the loose skin, you probably are better off with an anchor incision approach.  Good luck.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

You need a full lift and a brachioplasty

a periareolar lift would be good enough only if you choose huge implants which I suspect you wouldn't.  A lollipop may be possible but can't a direct examination would be required.  However, in general a full anchor incision is often used in patients that have lost 200+ pounds.  A full anchor incision can pull on the sides the best way so that it can address the sides of your chest.  A brachioplasty can be carried down onto the chest wall to do the same job.

A patient that has lost such a large amount of weight (congratulations!) has skin that is not as elastic as it should be.  Plus elasticity goes with age.  So a full consult would be very helpful in determining what would be best for you.

Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC

Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

Martin Jugenburg, MD

100 Front St West
Toronto , ON M5J 1E3