Is Breast Lift a Good Decision for Me, I Don't Want to Be That Small?

My breast point down and are a little heavy I wear size 36F 165lbs med built 5"7, The weight is taking a toll on my back the past year

Is breast lift a good decision for me, I don't want to be that small?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question!  The mastopexy procedure raises the breast, which ultimately provides a more youthful and perky breasts. This is done by removing the extra loose skin and rearranging the surrounding breast tissue in order to reshape and support the newly formed breast. At the same time, the nipple-areolar complex (NAC) is raised to the ideal position above the fold beneath your breast (the inframammary fold) as well as being placed at the most projecting portion. Oftentimes with age or following pregnancy, the NAC becomes widened and enlarged. This may be reduced in size during the breast lift procedure.

It is common for the breast to lose its firmness and uplifted appearance over time, which is also accentuated with age, pregnancy/breast feeding, weight gain/loss, and gravity. This results in breast ptosis, or sagging of the breast, with a “deflated” appearance. Women seek the mastopexy procedure to regain the previous youthful appearance of her breasts and women report increased confidence, self-esteem, and femininity once achieving this desired shape and fullness. Breast lifts may or may not be performed with implants – the implant would add increased size but also greater fullness in the upper pole of the breasts which creates more cleavage.  A small to moderate amount of tissue can be removed during the procedure as well to ameliorate some of the complaints of enlarged breasts.  Hope that this helps!

Breast Lift

+1

A breast lift will not remove any tissue, so if your concern is back pain, you may want to consider a breast reduction. A lift will not change the mechanics, so if your back pain is related to breast size, a reduction is the procedure that may help.

Thanks, best wishes

Breast Reduction and Resulting Size?

+1

Based on your description you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery.  In regards to breast size goals, for most patients, I recommend that they  decrease the size of the breasts such that symptoms are relieved as much as possible;  yet the breast  size remains proportionate to the remainder of their torso. Goal pictures may be helpful during this communication process.

Lift or reduction

+1

Dear jadelynn,

From the information that you provided, you are in good shape ( BMI 25 ) . So , for you breasts size 36F is way too big for comfort. A lift will be only a temporary solution, because the heavy weight of the breasts will bring the breasts down rapidly. A breast teduction will give you both lift and reduced size that will remain so for many years. Bringing your size down to a 36 full C or D will maintain your famininity and will improve your quality of life. You will be able to excercise much easier and your cloths will fit better. Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction versus breast lift for F cup breasts

+1

Since you have relatively large breasts and are experiencing back pain, you will obtain more benefit from a breast reduction than just a breast lift.  In general if large breasts are simply lifted, they tend to settle significantly over time due to the weight of the breast structure.

Very often variants on the vertical scar or so-called "lolliopop" technique can be used for breast reduction, but the choice of technique will be clarified by a consultation with an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

John Q. Cook, MD

Ultimate Breast Lift ideal to relieve pain from heavy breasts without reducing them

+1

Dear Jadelynn,

The Ultimate Breast Lift is a new technique that successfully transfers the weight of your breasts off your skin and on to your underlying chest  muscles. This transfer instantly relieves pain caused by large breasts. Women for centuries have known that skin is simply not enough to support the weight of large breasts, however, we all know that muscles can take the stress of heavy loads. The heavier the load-the stronger the muscle becomes. This step completely eliminates back or neck pain caused by heavy breasts. So, you can actually keep most of your breast tissue if you like.

In addition, the UBL reshapes and lifts breasts without the need of a vertical scar regardless of how large or saggy breasts have become. Scars are hidden around the areola and in the natural crease of the breast. This is not a cookie cutter procedure like the others. It was developed using engineering principles designed to make the ideal breast for every type of breast contouring problem.

Kind regards,

Dr. H 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

+1

It sounds like you could benefit from a breast reduction and lift. These can be accomplished sometimes with lollipop like incison or an anchor type of incision. It depends upon your size and skin laxity.

Vertical breast reduction gives you excellent lift and you don't have too be any smaller than you want to be.

+1

Hi.

1)  You sound like you would benefit by a good breast reduction.  The reduction automatically lifts the breasts to an attractive position.

2)  You probably should go down to a D or DD cup. This would be good cosmetically and also for your back.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

You need a reduction and lift

+1

Sounds like you need a lift and to be a bit smaller. They both go hand in hand and the size can be configured to your desires. This can be done as an outpatient and has a short recovery period.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast reduction

+1
Thank you for the question. Since you have large heavy breasts and complain of back pain, you may benefit from a breast reduction, which lifts and reduces your breasts to the size you want. Just make sure you communicate with your surgeon so you get the desired look. Best of luck ..

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS