What Would a Breast Lift Do for Me? (photo)

Hi. I've been on the fence about getting a lift for awhile now. I'm 36, 2 kids, no plans for more Been to several docs and gotten different recomendations - implants alone, lift+implant, just a lift. Leaning in the direction of just a lift but given that my nipples are in the right place (or so I'm told) what would the lift accomplish? I'd be curious to hear your thought on a procedure that would benefit me most, esthetically speaking. Links to similar patients would be great too! Thanks!

Ultimate Breast Lift=upper pole fullness without implants

+2

Dear Amy,

With the Ultimate Breast Lift you can expect to have upper pole fullness without breast implants and NO VERTICAL scar. I invite you to view my UBL gallery to see that results are natural with minimum scars. The UBL reshapes and anchors the newly formed breast mound to improve longevity. This technique completely eliminates the vertical scar which inherently weakens the lift by placing an incision at the point of maximum tension.

FYI, adding a heavy implant to a vertical scar lift compromises the lift even further.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+2

Dear Amy,

A good plan requires a clear goal. Do you want just a perky and tight breasts  or do you want that and  large breasts as well ?  Are you an athlete ? A runner ?  Than you do not need  implants that will interfere with your physical activity. Your pictures show a level 2 ptosis ( droopiness ) and a full B or small C cup breasts. A full lift  ( key hole ) will raise your nipples above your crease, tighten the skin and change your breasts shape from round to oval, all which are more attractive and youthful. Since your skin texture looks thin ( you have strech marks )  you most likely will have very nice scars which will be an acceptable trade off. Be sure to select a board certified plastic surgeon who is very experienced in that surgery.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+2

I agree with a few of the other doctors in that you have not stated what you want so when I look at the pictures I have no direction in which to go and you breasts look nice and natural with reasonable shape and volume. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Here is a link to one of my patients

+2

A breast lift will shape the breast tissue that you currently have.  It will not increase volume and there will not be as much upper pole volume as compared to when a lift plus an implant is used.  The link below is from a before and after set of photos for one of my patients.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

What Would a Breast Lift Do for Me?

+1

The photo on the left does a good simulation of a lift on the right breast (done by elevating your arm over your head. Because it is a 45 degree view, I don't see a direct comparison with the other breast, but if you do this at home in front of a mirror, you will get a pretty good answer to your question of what a lift would do for you. Then the question will be is it a good trade off for all the incisions. 

Look at photos to see healed scars. 

Without an in person exam, I am not sure what incision pattern would be offered. 

All the best.

Breast lift benefits and limitations

+1

It is not uncommon for patients to go to 3 different doctor and get 3 different onions. This seems to be the case for you!  The bottom line is this – a lift only will raise the position of the nipple.  Breast implants would provide more fullness to the breast.  Now, you have to decide which option best fits your goals.

George John Alexander, MD, FACS

Options for a specific breast situation

+1

This is a good question and one can tell from the responses that there is no simple answer. 

Your particular breast characteristics are normal but not typical. You have adequate size but they are low on your chest and off to the side a bit which makes them look smaller. The low and off-axis look along with the upper pole scallop makes them look saggy and I can't be certain from the photos but it sounds like your inframammary crease is low enough that it is still behind your nipple-areola, so technically you are not saggy (ptotic) and could get a lift effect from an implant but you're are correct that you wouldn't get much benefit from a lift because the breast doesn't need to be lifted much and would look distorted if overdone. 

I have no experience with the Ultimate Breast Lift and I'm suspicious of proprietary or capitalized procedures, particularly if they rely on permanent suspension devices. However, filling the upper pole is really all you need. The other option for this is fat grafting but I would still not recommend it for young women for cosmetic purposes without more longterm data on breast cancer risk and surveillance. 

An implant is just a pillow and would fill out the upper pole and give more forward projection. It would not lift or reposition or turn your breast or bring them closer together. The minimum size increase with a properly fitted lowest profile implant would make your breast look about a cup size bigger. If that's feasible (because of the inframammary crease level), and that degree of size increase is acceptable, I would consider it as the simplest, most reliable, and least scar approach to give a lift effect without the actual lift. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift?

+1

It depends upon what your goals are from surgery.  Do you want larger breasts, higher breasts, less sag?  This is why a consultation is so critical.

Breast Lifting for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your pictures, and the aesthetically pleasant shape of your breasts currently, I can see why you have been “on the fence” about having any type of breast surgery.

As you know, breast lifting involves some degree of tightening of the breast skin envelope.  In order to tighten the skin envelope, skin excision is necessary;  this results in the presence of scars. 
Sometimes, the presence of scars is a “dealbreaker”;  patients would prefer to leave their breasts unchanged than to have scars. At other times, patients  prefer to have the improvement in breast position, shape, and (possibly) size  and are willing to accept the trade-off of scars.

Overall, if you remain  unconvinced about the benefits of breast lifting/augmentation in your case, you would be best off leaving your breasts untouched surgically.

Breast lift

+1

I always ask patients whether it is the size of their breasts, the position, or both that troubles them.  A lift will reposition the breast, with its current volume, higher on the chest wall.  It will not add fullness to your upper pole.  If you desire improvement at the top of your breast, then an implant is needed with the lift.

David A. Lickstein, MD