Is a Breast Lift for Me? (photo)

a few years ago I had my 3rd and last child. I breast fed all my kids and now have sagging breasts to show for it. I have also recently lost weight & that made the problem worse. I have been trying to do some research on breast lift procedures, but haven't come across anyone that didn't want an augmentation as well, that has the same cup size as me. I dont care if they are small, I just want them perky. I have included a photo so you can see what i'm working with.

Young perky breasts with no vertical scar and no implant

+2

Dear Cara,

Thank you for your question. There is a technique called the Ultimate Breast Lift that will reshape and lift your existing breast tissue to create a perky, rounder, more youthful breast without needing an implant. The UBL successfully creates upper pole fullness without the need of a vertical scar. Your right breast will have to be reduced just a bit to match the smaller left breast. Remember, vertical scar techniques do not last. They are architecturally weaker as they place an incision at the point of maximum tension.

I hope this help.

Kind regards,

Dr. H 

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Is a Breast Lift for Me

+1

Although I think you would get a nicer outcome with a small implant, it would be possible to improve your breast appearance with just a lift (possibly with some reduction of the right breast if, as it seems, it is larger). 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Breast lift with or without implants

+1

Hi there-

I would say that a breast lift, with or without implants, would be your best bet-

But please realize that without getting to know you much better and performing a careful physical examination it would be impossible to give you more accurate information about your options or the pros and cons of each...

Your best bet is to find a talented and skilled plastic surgeon and visit for a consultation. 

Armando Soto, MD

Breast lift necessary

+1

Based on these photos you would best benefit from a circumareola-vertical ("lollipop") scar mastopexy on the larger right breast and a circumareola scar only mastopexy on the left with at least a small implant on each side.  This would best correct your sagging breasts while giving you optimally beautiful, perky breasts and greatly improve your asymmetry.  A consultation with one or more board-certified plastic surgeons experienced with breast enhancement procedures is highly recommended.   Best wishes to you.

L. Dwight Baker, MD
Dothan Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Surgery

+1

You are certainly a candidate for a breast lift procedure. It is merely a question of which type of breast lift will work best and what is your tolerance for the resulting breast scars. Because your breasts have different degrees of sagging, the final scar pattern will likely be different between the two breasts.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Is a #BreastLift for Me? (photo) ANS:

+1

You do not need to have implants but you do 'need' a lift, more on the right than the left. I think the reason so many women talk about having an implant as well is because it gives a certain fullness to the breast (not necessarily size) and upper pole fullness that so many women lack. Without an implant you can be made more even and have some lift, but "perkiness" is harder to come by without an implant!!!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Auto autologous breast lift would be a great choice

+1

I think you would do well with you a breast lift alone if you do not desire to be any larger.  I would recommend an "auto autologous" mastopexy (breast lift).  Basically this means that your own tissues are not removed and the tissues are lifted on the chest wall and secured to give you some added projection.  Many older mastopexy (breast lift) techniques make you smaller as part of the procedure.  This specific technique would preserve all of your existing breast tissue and simply "lift" it and "rearrange it" to give you a better shape and projection as well as lift.  This is a technique I routinely perform and patients do well. I hope this helps!

James F. Boynton, MD

Breast Lift Candidate?

+1

Congratulations on your successful weight loss.  You can certainly undergo breast lifting surgery alone, without breast augmentation. This operation will serve to raise the position of the breasts off your chest wall and will likely improve your breast symmetry. I would suggest in person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons; ask to see lots of examples of their work. Also, make sure that you will be happy with the ultimate size/fullness which will obviously be limited if you undergo breast lift alone.

Breast Lift without implants

+1

It is perfectly reasonable for your to have a lift without implants, but you will need to have a little tissue sculpted from the larger side.  Remember that a lift will make the breasts look a little smaller since the tissue is made more compact.  There are versions of the breast lift which can rearrange the breast structure to help build out the upper pole of the breast with natural tissue.  This might be worth your consideration.  I discuss this on my website johnqcookmd.com. 

John Q. Cook, MD

Is a Breast Lift for Me? (photo

+1

You  certainly could have a breast lift without implants.However, your right breast is larger than your left breast ,so you will need a breast reduction on the right .You also lack upper pole fullness which will not be totally corrected with the lift procedure

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon