Breast Lift for A Cup Breasts Without Augmentation? (photo)

I'm happy with the size of my breasts and I realize that a breast lift may make them appear even smaller. I absolutely do not want an augmentation. I dislike the snoopy somewhat tubular shape of them. They are also asymmetrical and have large uneven areolas. The right breast appears more desirable than the left. So what kind of procedure (if any) would be best for me and what about scarring? Approximately how much would it cost and how long would the results last?

#BreastLift for A Cup Breasts Without Augmentation? (photo) ANS:

+2

If you came into my office I think I would try and advise you to not do anything....You do have a little different shape between your two breasts but I think it is very acceptable and the risk of scarring is too great. I do a lot of circumareolar pexies....There is always a scar and most of the time it isn't much but...you never know!

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy about breasts

+2

You have very limited options if you do not want implants, or incisions on your breasts. A circumareola lift on the one side may help a bit.

Periareola lift

+2
the periareola lift also know as the Benelli lift is my personal favorite for a situation like yours. not everyone loves this operation so find a local plastic surgeon that does it regularly and ask.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Best Surgical Option for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Given  the description of your goals and preferences, areola reduction surgery may help to improve the size/symmetry of the areola as well as help with the “tubular” shape of the breasts. However, I would caution you to consider the trade-off of the scars that will result carefully in your decision-making process. Generally speaking, I would be concerned that the improvement that you will achieve with surgery may not be worth the “price"  of the resulting scars. Sometimes, it is best to stay away from surgery...

Breast Lift for A Cup Breasts Without Augmentation?

+1

I would recommend against surgery The small amount of improvement would not justify the scars even were they as good as they get. There does not seem to be enough breast tissue to work with here. 

If doesn't look like there would be fat to transfer based on these photos, but if there were that would offer a better solution than a lift. All the best. 

I don't know what you'd lift (A cup not wanting implants).

+1

As has been noted, there's not really much to suggest for you if you don't want to change the volume. You have breasts that have no ptosis with a kind of common degree of asymmetry. Something like considering fat graft to the breast may really be the only thing I'd suggest for you.

Robert Oliver Jr., MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift for an A cup

+1

Dear patient,

overall your breasts are not tubular, nor grossly asymmetrical with a cup size difference. As I tell my patients, breasts are more " sisters " than " twins ". Your breasts are an A cup, with no ptosis, nicely proportional to your slim frame.

It seems like you are not ready to neither accept implants, nor scarring . a periareolar lift will narrow the areolas, but yes, there will be a scar, and yes, this will flatten the breasts more.

your last option not discussed here previously would be fat transfer to the breasts. So no scars, same areolas but 

1) you are very slim according your photos, so not much fat to transfer and 2) this is still not the standard of care and rather controversial in aesthetic surgery.

so overall, I would tell you you are not a candidate for plastic surgery.

Plastic surgery has its limitations with techniques and scarring unfortunately.

Good luck !

Florence Mussat, MD

Florence Mussat, MD

+1

I have treated many patients with large areolas with a technique called the subareolar mastopexy

The incision is made around the areolar resulting in very little scarring 

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Correction of Tubular Breasts With Areolar Asymmetry

+1

Areolar reductions, when done with a permanent circumareolar suture, is known as a Benelli mastopexy (see video).  With no implants, and following certain standard steps, your plastic surgeon should be able to lift your breasts, balance your areola, and do it all with very minimal scarring.  Your photograph shows prominent axillary breast tissue, known technically as the Tail of Spence.  This should be liposuctioned out at the time of the Benelli lift.  My recommendation is you see a board-certified plastic surgeon experienced in the Benelli mastopexy and then follow his or her advice. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Lift without implants

+1

Based upon what describe and what I see in the photos I think you will be woefully disappointed with a lift procedure. It can make your areola more symmetrical but you will trade that for scars which will be more visible than the asymmetry of your areola.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon