Breast Lift Through Fat Transfer to Breasts?

I'm wondering if fat transfer (fat grafting) can be use for breast lifting. I don't like the scars of the regular breast lifting (I'll never have surgical breast lift). I lost a lot of weight (40lbs) so my breast also got smaller. I'm 36D (41 inches above breast, 32 inches below) and I really don't like scars and nipple reallocation. Also I don't like the idea of breast implants. So, if breast implants are used for breast lifting, can fat transfer be used, too? Thanks.

Things that sound too good to be true still are... Significant breast reshaping via fat grafting is NOT possible

+1

Hi there-

Because I do a very large number of fat grafting procedures, as well as a large number of breast enhancement procedures, I can confidently tell you that what you are hoping for is simply not safe or possible.

The fundamental problem in a sagging breast is not that it needs more filling, but that the supporting tissues of the breast have been stretched by pregnancy or changes in weight beyond their ability to recoil.

Adding more "filling" to this situation would likely only exacerbate the problem.

There are MANY unscrupulous people out there promising all kinds of things to nice people in an attempt to get their money- and I have no doubt that if you wave a bit of money in the air you WILL find someone who tells you you can have beautiful, youthful breasts without surgery or without scars....

It is very important that you realize that just because these people exist; just because we are in the United States; just because they are doctors... does NOT mean what they are offering is safe or effective.

Only you can keep yourself safe- be sure you see only surgeons certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Breast lift or Mastopexy with fat grafting. Not a good idea!

+1

This is a very popular topic in breast surgery and plastic surgery. First and foremost is that fat grafting is not accepted as a sound technique for cosmetic breast surgery, so to answer your question in short....this is not a good idea. In the larger question you have asked for a breast lift, but you are already a 36 D but will not accept scars or nipple repositioning ( breast lift), so it sounds more like you really need to sit down with a plastic surgeon to discuss what your goals and what you can accept. Be careful with fat grafting to your breast and note it is being promoted by non-plastic surgeons.

Dr. Trussler

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Fat injections to the breast for lifting

+1

The simple answer to this question is unfortunately no. Adding volume by fat injections will not lift the breast. Volume provided by breast implants will not lift the breast. Both might give the illusion of a lift by filling in a concave upper breast but the minimum size increase with an implant is a cup size and amount of volume needed using fat injection would probably not be wise or suitable based on current knowledge of fat transfer, particularly in an organ prone to cancer.

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer no substitute for breast lift

+1

As a general rule, once you develop slack in your skin surgery will be required to remove the loose skin. Fat grafting may or may not work and I would not currently recommend it. While it is true that fat can be injected into breast with some increase in volume, results are minimal and would not likely have much, if any, effect on sagging. Loose skin is loose skin and if it's not tightened up with surgery, you're not likely to be satisfied with the results.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

If you need a breast lift, there is nothing but a surgical lift.There is atrophy of the gland, loose skin. Some times you can use techniques that utilize the skin and fat that is usually removed to augment your breast. BUT there will be scars.

Fat transfer to the breast is still in its infancy, and will need a lot of studies before using it. Besides you still will need a lift

I have never had anyone who regreted having the lift and scars once they saw the beautiful shape of their new breasts

+1

Breast implants are not used for breast lifting when you really need a full lift. They help lift breasts that are borderline needing a lift. In many cases, women choose to have large implants in an attempt to avoid having the scars of a lift then return to their plastic surgeon later to have them removed and have a lift because they were unhappy that their breasts were larger than they really wanted. If you need a lift, get a lift. I have never had anyone who regreted having the lift and scars once they saw the beautiful shape of their new breasts.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Breast "Filling" is NOT an Effective nor Safe way to Lift A Sagging Breast

+1

Neither Breast Implants NOR Fat have the lifting qualities of either hot air, hydrogen or Helium and cannot lift a sagging any object which is at the mercy of gravity.

While filling a shriveled, sagging breast envelope MAY temporarily impart a forward vector to the structure, it will not lift it.

As much as you may dislike it, the ONLY way to lift sagging breasts is to remove excess skin and re-arrange the breast tissue. By adding more volume to an already large envelope, one supports the flawed reasoning that the solution to wearing large over-sized, shriveled jeans is not expertly tailoring them along the seams but over-eating to the point of morbid obesity to fill such jeans to eliminate their creases...

Breast lift through fat transfer to breasts

+1

After having done approximately 10 of these Fat Graft Enhanced Breast Augmentation I feel the lifting is very minor at best. It just gives a fullness with maybe 1 size up only. Lifting can not be accomplished by fat grafts alone. Best of luck and nice try.

From MIAMI Dr. B

You will need to have breast lift

+1

Your description of the shape and position of the nipple indicates breast sagging and adding volume with implant or fat grasfting will not give you the lift. You can get lift bor the shape and implant or fat for the volume. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift alternatives

+1

First, implants are not used for lifting perse. Despite this, implants do tend to give a bit of lift to the breast. If the nipple is too low, (below the crease), even over-sized implants won't help, the will just give oversized brests with low nipples and possibly a double bubble effect.

Fat is also not indicated to lift the nipple, and may result in problems for future mammograms.

If you are unwilling to consider the appropriate surgical procedure, I urge you not to consider inappropriate ones.

Scott E. Kasden, MD