Breast Lift Always Fails for Me?

I've had 2 breast reductions (one which was in conjunction with a reconstruction) and one breast lift. EVERY time, i have drooping and my nipples end up being too high and flat, and i have no perkyness in my breast what so ever. All my breast tissue ends up floating into a flat pancake. What's more, i always end up with loose skin i can practically stretch with my fingers into centimeters. Why??? this is killing me. Is there a specialised breast lift that somehow keeps the breast tissue up?

Failed reductions and lifts

+1

suggest your tissue is very elastic.  If you're really wanting to be done with this and you were in my office and my patient, I would be suggesting having a prophylactic mastectomy and a reconstruction with an implant or a major reduction with implant to improve volume symmetry.  I think it would be a waste of your time and very risky to consider more aggressive procedures to lift that breast.  You need to consider all options before making your next move.  Good luck!

No magic breast lift

+1

I tell my patients that I change their skin QUANTITY, but I cannot change their skin QUALITY, and it's skin quality that determines the longevity of a breast lift, unfortunately.  

It may be that adding an implant could give you more upper pole fullness, but you have to be very careful doing that, because you could end up with a droopy breast hanging off of an implant.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon, and see if a third surgery makes sense or not.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Loose skin after breast surgery

+1

Without a physical exam it is impossible to give good advice, but if loose skin is the issue, you might be better served by adding volume to your breasts.  This could be done with breast implants or fat grafts.  You should visit with several board certified plastic surgeons who specialize in breast surgery before your next procedure.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Always Fails for Me?

+1

There are new techniques that  are available today that appear to improve the  results with breast lift procedures

These include the use of acellular dermis or mesh to add additional support.

Unfortunately some of these device are still not  FDA approved in the USA

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Not Happy after Breast Lifting Surgery?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have had with breast lifting surgery. As you can imagine, however it is difficult to give you good advice online. Generally speaking, the problems that you described may be related to loss of skin elasticity and/or technique of surgery utilized.

You may wish to submit photos with your next question posted  Or seek in person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation.

Breast Reduction and Skin Sagging Recurrence

+1

Many times with breast reduction the skin envelope is not made as tight as possible.  After the swelling goes down, the breast envelope remains loose.  I really tighten this to the maximum extent possible.  Another factor is the type of breast reduction that was performed in the past.  Finally, the current size of breast has an impact on recurrence.  Find the plastic surgeon with impeccable credentials to have the revision.

Breast issues

+1

An exam in person is essential. If you have poor skin quality this may contribute to the issues that you are complaining about.

Unhappy with breast lift?

+1

There are many reasons one can be unhappy after a reduction or breast lift, but without knowing more about your situation it is hard to help you understand more.

Breast shape is determined by your skin quality, breast size, body shape, and volume of breast tissue.  After 2 surgeries, there is more scarring and it gets more complicated to fix.

Your best option is to try to find a plastic surgeon who has a lot of experience with revision surgery for the breast.  I would suggest looking for a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

Good luck!

Roxanne Sylora, MD

Failed Breast Lift

+1

Sorry to hear that your breast lifts did not give the results you desired. However, without some before and after pictures (an perhaps a physical exam) it is hard to give you specifics. It seems that you have poor skin quality and that may be the problem. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Vertical (Hall-Findlay technique) breast reduction gives best long term results.

+1

Hi.

Of course I have not examined you, but this problem is usually technique related.  You probably need an operation that does not rely on pulling the skin, because skin stretches and you don't get a good lift.  Also look up Lejour technique.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)