Why is a Breast Lift Expensive? It Appears to Be the Same Surgical Technique As a Reduction.

Cosmetic Reduction vs Cosmetic Lift

+1

A cosmetic reduction costs more than a breast lift in my practice.  The breast reduction is more work than than a breast lift, in my opinion. 

Breast lift

+1

Depending upon the surgical procedure necessary, it is commonly very similar if not identical to a breast reduction procedure. 

Breast Lift Cost

+1

Breast lifts can vary from less involved peri-areolar also known as Bunnelli lifts to full lollipop lifts with implants or more recently fat injections to the breasts. The addition of fat grafting can fill out the upper pole of the breasts that straight lifts often lack. 

Depending on how low and whether your nipples point forward or down as well as how much fullness you desire will determine which procedure would suit you best.

Breast lifts with combined augmentation can surpass the complexity of a breast reduction and therefor be priced as high or higher than a breast reduction. 

I price the lesser involved lifts lower than a reduction as the procedure is less involved as well as the post-operative course and risk of complications.

Hope this helps.

Breast lifts

+1
  1. Breast lifts are cosmetic. So are some breast reductions.
  2. Insurance doesn't pay for cosmetic surgery - you pay out of pocket.
  3. Breast lifts cost about same or slightly less than breast reductions because surgery takes about as long.
  4. Breast reductions 'cost less' if insurance pays - but actually you pay more when you add up co-pays, deductibles and a life time of monthly premiums. 
  5. Most people don't realize that today's insurance has made medical care incredibly expensive - the best financial bargain for surgery today is self-pay cosmetic surgery. It is highly efficient and cost-effective!

Hope this helps!

Breast Reduction and Mastoexy pricing

+1

Breast Reductions and Breast Lifts require a lot of work.   Both procedures can take @ 3 hours of operating time.  Breast lift surgery is always cosmetic.  In some cases, breast reduction may have some insurance coverage.

Breast lift pricing is set by the market

+1

A breast reduction is a lot more surgical 'work' than a breast lift - in my practice, a cosmetic reduction is more expensive than a breast lift.

Cost of breast lift vs reduction

+1

In our office a breast lift is the same as a breast reduction.   The only difference is that insurance will not cover the lift.  Donald R. Nunn MD   Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Why is a Breast Lift Expensive?

+1

I guess it depends on the office you are consulting with. In our office a full breast lift is less expensive than a reduction. That is a lift alone. If you are also getting breast implants, a common combination with a lift, you are getting 2 operations and buying implants, so of course the fees will be higher than a lift alone.

Many different types of lifts

+1

The other things to consider is that there are many different types of lifts.  Some lifts are done with implants and some without.  A set of silicone implants is going to add about $1500 to the price of any procedure just for the implants themselves.  There are anchor lifts, lollipop lifts, etc.  Lifts and reductions are big procedures that take several hours to perform.  Thanks for the question!

Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Why is a Breast Lift Expensive?

+1

It is similar in technique to a reduction in terms of incisions, and since no tissue resection is done, it may be a bit less of a procedure. I, and all of my colleagues actually charge more for a reduction than for a lift. 

As I look at the RealSelf listed costs, I note that the breast reduction costs appear lower. This may well reflect the fact that many insurance reductions are done in hospital, and the amounts the patients quote may just have been professional fees.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.