Should I get a breast lift, even though I am 19? (photo0

I am only 19, but my breasts have sagged since I hit puberty. I am disappointed at the downturned angle of my nipples. I am a 34/36 B/C, and do not wish to have implants. I like the size I just want to feel more comfortable being naked (because I love being naked, but I feel like my nipples are a hinderance). Should I get a breast lift?

Breast lift in a 19 year old.

+2

You look like an excellent candidate for a breast lift. A lift would shape your breasts and move your nipple up the center of your breast mound. In patients your age, I strive to avoid disruption of the connections between the breast gland and the nipple as much as possible in an effort to preserve the ability to breast feed.

Usually a breast lift is a one time operation but given your youth and the possibility of you having children, you may find that you would need to second lift later in life.

I hope you go forward with the surgery. You are young and should have every chance to feel good about your body.

Breast lift

+1

You have a number of options which will depend on your current anatomy. Breast lift plastic surgery can improve the profile of sagging breasts, making breasts look more youthful and perky.Breast lift surgery is done to improve the profile of sagging breasts, changing their position on the body to appear more youthful. I've posted an ABC news videoclip for my preferred breast lift technique for you. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called The Ultimate Breast LiftTM. This technique reshapes your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevates them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Your nipples will point anterior and you will avoid the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique of the lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions. The Ultimate Breast LiftTM maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed, which are important to 19 years olds. The result is long term stable because the weight of the breast is transferred to the underlying muscle.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

+1

Parental consent is needed for plastic surgery for any patient under the age of 18. Since you are 19, this is not a roadblock. It sounds like you have spent a considerable amount of time thinking about potential surgery. From your pictures and explanation, it sounds like you would be a good candidate for a breast lift. My advice to you is to spend time researching ASPS accredited plastic surgeons who specialize in breast lifts, and schedule an in person consult. They will be able to provide you with a detailed outlook on what to expect from a breast lift.

Constantino G. Mendieta, MD

Should I get a breast lift, even though I am 19?

+1

Yes you have a diagnosis of 4th degree ptosis. Only surgery will offer you an improvement. seek IN PERSON evaluations from ONLY boarded PSs pin your city..//

Breast lift

+1

Thank you for your pictures.

In my opinion you would make a great candidate for a breast lift, I also recommend an implant placement just to give them a more enhance and natural look.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Teenage Breast Lift is possible

+1

A breast lift is a procedure to lift a droopy breast and place the nipple in a more normal position. This is usually accomplished with a "lollipop" scar, a scar that encircles the nipple/areola and extends vertically downward at the 6:00 0'clock position. The blood supply, nerves and milk ducts are preserved, so future breast feeding should be possible.

Teenage plastic surgery is performed to allow the patient to fit in better with their peers, not to stand out in a crowd. As long as your growth has stopped and are mature enough to tolerate the surgery and the resultant scar, you should do fine. This is an outpatient procedure with dissolvable sutures, no drain tubes, minimal pain and a rapid recovery.

Please do some research and find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs this type of surgery frequently.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

+1

We don't always know why this happens in some young women, but it seems you would benefit greatly from a breast lift to get a much younger look to the breasts.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast lift in young woman

+1

You would be a candidate for mastopexy with the caution that if your weight fluctuates or you become pregnant, you may require a subsequent revision. I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon who has a lot of experience and can customize the procedure to your needs. I agree that you do not need implants. Best wishes.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast Lift

+1

Dear Hiedux, according to your photos you would benefit from a breast lift. It could be done with or without implants. Since you are 19 years old I would strongly recommend you to have a short scar technique. Having this kind of surgery wont affect breast feeding or nipple sensation. If you have any question regarding to the procedure please feel free to contact us, Kelvin Eusebio.

Kelvin Eusebio, MD