I had a Breast Lift 9 days ago, I have some oozing under my right breast, when will it and the bruising go away?

everything seems fine with the healing. I took all the antibiotics the way i was told toI had a pressure bandage placed on my chest but i was told i could take it off after 48 hours. So now I've just been using non-stick pads on the area. Everytime i take the pad off i have to peel it from the bottom of my right breast it is still oozing a little bit and sticks to the pad. colour of the ooze is yellow with a bit of blood, bruised around both of my areola's and down the middle of my breast. been wearing comfortable stretchy bra's that have no underwire

Incision losing after breast lift

+1
Thank you for your question.  It is crucial that you consult your plastic surgeon who performed your breast lift for postoperative management questions.  You should not follow Internet advice.

Acute post op questions and concerns

+1
should always be managed by your surgeon as your surgeon knows what was done and what kind of implant coverage you have.  I hope you have done this by now.  As for a stuck dressing, consider washing it off in the shower or using a hydrogen peroxide solution (50:50) to remove it. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Post op question

+1
Nothing sounds particularly bothersome from your description.  But a photo would help.

You will get a more useful response from your own surgeon, who knows you, knows what was done, and who is following your recovery. All the best. 

Breast oozing after breast lift

+1
WIthout photos it is impossible to say how to treat this.  If it is from a small seperation, often these go on to heal with local wound care. Always best to ask your surgeon.

Oozing from breast incision

+1
Thank you for your question.  Without photos or an examination, it is impossible to determine what is going on.  Some oozing may happen, but this far out it is not very common.  Best advice is to follow up with your surgeon and keep him or her appraised of what is going on.

Best wishes

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Post op course after breast lift

+1
The findings that you are describing sound like they are most likely not serious. Some occasional drainage can happen. I would recommend a formal evaluation by your surgeon to see and examine you to make sure there is no an undrained fluid collection or concerns for infection. Good luck

Gaurav Bharti

Gaurav Bharti, MD
Johnson City Plastic Surgeon