Is Breast Lift for Cup Size A Breasts Worth It?

Hi, I am a size A and nursed 2 children. My breasts did shrink but during pregnancy and nursing, they grew larger than a DD.

Now my size A breasts are no longer firm and the left over fatty tissue sort of was re-distributed and the extra skin falls out of my size A bras and my nipples looked stretched out. (Size B bras are two big on me and I still measure at an A).

I really don't want larger breasts or ANY kind of augmentation. (I like my small breasts) I want my firm size A's back.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

A Mastopexy will help

+2

By all means you may get a mastopexy or lift.  There are many way to perform this surgery.  I understand that you don't want larger breasts but after the mastopexy they will be smaller than they are now because the skin will be removed.  If that's okay then go ahead with it.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lifting for A Cup Breasts Worth It?

+3

Whether you will be happy with the results of breast lifting surgery alone will depend on how much of your own breast tissue remains after pregnancies. If you find that on physical examination your breasts are quite “empty” then it is unrealistic to expect “firm” breasts after breast lifting surgery.  On the other hand, if you do have  enough breast tissue left in place,  this can be moved superiorly and used to create the look/feel you are looking for.

In person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be helpful to you.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm

Breast lift will give you small firm breasts.

+3

Hi.

I wish you were my patient!  You need a good INTERNAL breast lift that does not rely on tightening the skin.  You should end up with smaller nipples, a lollipop scar. and small, firm, perky breasts.  You absolutely do not need breast implants.

Breast lift for small breasts

+3

A breast lift can give dramatic results in women with small breasts. In some patients it can be life changing, especially for women with 'snoopy' or tuberous breasts. Many women are OK with their breast volume or don't want to deal with implants; for them, a lift alone might be perfect.

Implants are needed to get the firm, lifted breasts you want

+2

An effective breast lift also reduces breast size.  A skin-only "breast lift" typically does not work very well.  In your situation, it is best to use small implants in combination with a breast lift.  This will also correct your stretched out areolae.  So even if you want to stay the same size, you need to have implants.  But they can be saline if you prefer, which are undeniably safe.  You simply need to get past your apprehension about implants, particularly if you want youthful firmness, which implants provide better than stretched-out breast tissue.  I would recommend that you view before and after photos of breast lifts and breast lifts with implants, including patients with small breasts, before making up your mind.  I've attached a link to this portion of my website.

Web reference: http://www.swansoncenter.com/content/ideal-breast/procedures/breast-lift/patient-photographs.asp

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift for small breast

+2

In our practice, we have many patients who have a small breast size and are looking for a breast lift but not for a significant change in their breast volume. These patients are excellent candidates for a periareolar breast lift or a lollipop incision. These are two excellent options to recontour the breast, re-create a pleasing and more youthful breast mound, and to minimize the amount of scarring on the breast skin.

Breast Lift with Small Breasts

+2

It really is up to you to say if it is worth it or not. A lift will move your nipple and areola higher and tighten the skin. Most patients who have a lift done usually say that they think there breast is a little smaller.

A breast aug with a smaller lift will be the other option, to make your breast slightly fuller and lift the breast at the same time.

I would consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to go over your options in detail after examining you.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-breastlift-newport-beach.php

Lift may not be appropriate for very small breasts

+2

It will be very difficult and probably not worth you effort to just consider a breast lift with size A breasts. Your condition is more likely to be improved with a small implant and some type of a breast. lift. A consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon will help you make this important decision

Difficult parameters

+2

Without a breast aug, there will be no way to get uplift. However, the aug will increase the size of the breasts, and requires foreign material.

On the other hand, a breast lift will raise the nipple, remove excess skin, shape the breast, improve symmetry AND reduce the size. Is it worth it? Only you can say.

sek

Breast Lifting

+2

Dear Nelliefar

A breastlift is always an option. Lifting tends to decrease the size of the breast. A periareolar lift can be done with a shortening of the nipple. Another option is that you can do a small amount of fat grafting to add volume and shape to the breast.

You would have to understand the risks of the procedure.

An implant is not always necessary, although a small one is a very good option.

With Warmest Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.