Breast Stretch Marks and Thin Skin: What's Best for Firmer Perkier Breasts?

Breast Lift, Breast Reduction, Small Implant to Add Volume? What's Best for Me? I'm 22 5'5 and am a 36F. Ive had large breasts since i was 12.The skin above my nipple has stretch marks-when i lay down my breasts almost look wrinkly. And i can literally pull the skin away from my breast tissue because it is so thin.Idealy i would love to be a large C. Im afraid of getting a reduction though.I feel as though they would look better the way they are then having the scars. Is a lift possible for me to have firmer perkier breasts? I want the firmness and shape that implants have

Breast Stretch Marks and Thin Skin

+3

Thanks for the photo. I agree the trade off for smaller perkier breasts are breasts with the anchor scar. You seem not to be ready for any scars so keep what you have, I have no issue with that. From MIAMI DR. B

Breast Lift with a Short Scar Technique

+3

Regarding: " Breast Stretch Marks and Thin Skin: What's Best for Firmer Perkier Breasts?  Breast Lift, Breast Reduction, Small Implant to Add Volume? What's Best for Me? I'm 22 5'5 and am a 36F. Ive had large breasts since i was 12.The skin above my nipple has stretch marks-when i lay down my breasts almost look wrinkly. And i can literally pull the skin away from my breast tissue because it is so thin.Idealy i would love to be a large C. Im afraid of getting a reduction though.I feel as though they would look better the way they are then having the scars. Is a lift possible for me to have firmer perkier breasts? I want the firmness and shape that implants have"

In your circumstances, I would suggest you begin the discussion by asking yourself and TRUTHFULLY answer Are you happy with YOUR current breast volume/size?
- If you are then you would benefit from a Breast Lift.
- If you want the breasts to be larger (and then sag quicker) you would benefit from a Augmentation/Lift .
- If you want smaller perkier breasts, then the answer is a Breast Reduction.

The stretch marks and thinness of the skin would suggest your skin is damaged and that cannot be changed by ANY modality currently on the market (despite all the hype you hear, see or read). In addition, EVERY operation will be associated with permanent scars. Therefore, you need to ask yourself WHICH operation would give you the best compromise of a result which would then have the longest duration / longevity?

In my opinion, from your description, I would discourage you from having an Augmentation/Mastopexy. Adding further volume to already sagging breasts with poor skin would NOT result in a good long term result.  Your best solution in my opinion is to find a surgeon who performs Short Scar Breast Lifts and Breast Reduction (such as the Hall-Findlay technique). In exchange for a balloon / lollipop scar you will have long lasting perky breasts.

To read much more about all these options, go to my web page link below -

Dr. Aldea

Purkey breasts in the large breasted patient.

+2

Hello, thank you for your inquiry for your photograph.

Nothing is more challenging than making a large natural breast perkier.  From the looks of your photograph you have a generous amount of natural breast tissue.  Natural breast tissue always responds to gravity and wants to go south.  From what you describe it sounds like your skin is somewhat thin and unsupportive as well.

Again, based solely upon your photographs if you were to lift these heavy breasts gravity would likely bring them down.  If you reduce these breasts they will likely stay higher longer as there would be less weight.  Unfortunately, both a lift and a reduction procedure will leave the scars are concerned about.  You would have to be comfortable with these permanent scars if you were to proceed. Lift and reduction alone do not give up upper poll fullness may be seeking. Only implants give upper poll fullness.

In my opinion an implant alone is really not option here.  If you put an implant in the correct position your larger and droopier breast will likely hang off below the implant and be unaesthetic.

The women who get  gravity defying breasts in my own practice are generally those women who start out with little or no breast tissue to begin with and then proceed with an implant. In that situation their breasts are more implant than natural tissue, so there is less natural tissue to droop.

So how can a woman with a naturally large breast and  sagging get the look of a gravity defying breast?

I do not recommend this approach but I hope it makes sense: first you would do an aggressive breast reduction, and give time for healing.  This would for short period of time make use smaller than you want to be, you would be essentially removing the natural breast tissue which responds to gravity.  Then you would come back and place an implant underneath the smaller natural breast. Some plastic surgeons will do a reduction in augmentation at the same setting, but the more natural tissue you remove this combination the more you run the risk of healing issues.  So in an aggressive reduction I prefer to wait and place an implant later.

I truly don't advocate a breast reduction just for the goal of an augmentation, but I hope this unusual concept makes sense to you.

Unfortunately, all options that I have discussed based upon your photograph I believe would require at least a full lift and reduction and the scars which concern you.

Don't forget there is always the option of doing nothing at all.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and/or reduction with loose skin

+2

Unfortunately, your history of extreme skin laxity places you at higher risk for recurrent ptosis (sagging). A breast lift alone with long term support (night and day) would help to reduce the volume and reposition the nipple. However, you would have to trade these benefits for the scar.

Naturally large breasts are not always ideal

+2

Many women who are naturally large busted exhibit all the findings you have listed: stretch marks, wrinkly breasts, dissociation of the breast skin from the breast.  Your photo shows that the distance between your collar bones and nipples is long and your volume is low on the chest wall.  At the present, there is no technology which can provide either retexturizing (elimination of stretch marks, wrinkles) and/or nonsurgically tighten skin to make the skin brassiere tight and age appropriate.  In my opinion, only surgery will provide predictable, long lasting reshaping of the skin and repositioning of the nipple to a higher position.  Any surgical procedures have both risks and a certain limited "shelf life"; the droopiness may recur, especially after weight gain, pregnancy, etc.  So when should you choose to operate to change the shape, feel and size of your breasts?  When you've done your homework, interviewed and chosen a PS and accepted that irregardless of the surgery selected: a) breast lift; b) breast lift and simultaneous augmentation; c) breast lift followed by staged implant, scars are inevitable but must be accepted for "improved" appearance.  Good luck.

Lavinia Chong, MD

Perkier breasts

+2

With poor quality skin at such a young age, an implant may only weigh you down some more. You  may be better off with just having a breast llift with the tissue you already have.  Hard to say without an exam.

Breast reduction and augmentation are best for firmer perkier breasts

+2

Your best option for firmer, perkier breasts is a reduction with an implant to add upper pole firmness. The reduction removes excess skin and lifts the nipple and breast but does leave scars.  Augmentation alone won't lift your breasts and would ultimately worsen the situation.  As Dr. Blinski states, you may not be ready for the procedure so be sure before you decide.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction, Breast Lift Or Breast Augmentation?

+1

Much of what plastic surgeons do is defined by their patient’s anatomy and aesthetic goals. In some cases, it’s not possible to meet a patient’s aesthetic goals, because of their unique anatomy.

In your case, it wouldn’t be possible to lift or reduce your breast without creating scars. Neither breast reduction nor breast lift would create breast fullness without the use of a breast implant.

Your pictures suggest that you would benefit from a breast lift with placement of a small breast implant to create upper breast fullness. Unfortunately, this would result in scarring, that you would consider unattractive. Surgical correction of your problem can’t be accomplished without compromises. If these compromises are unacceptable, then you should be prepared to live with your breast as they are. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast stretch marks

+1
Thin skin and stretch marks on the breasts are usually treated well with a breast lift.  Your surgeon may be able to simulate for you the improvement you should expect from the procedure. Good luck.

David Stoker, MD

Short scar breast reduction in Los Angeles

+1

You may consider a short scar breast reduction, a procedure which I perform a lot, which would provide you with a lift and a reduction without large scars. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS