Breast Lift Without Breast Reduction?

I am 18 years old and I am a size 34G (or a DDD). Honestly, I don’t want a reduction. It’s not for "attention", I just feel like they are a part of me.

I want a breast lift, without using implants because obviously I’m big enough. I was wondering how much this would cost, what would happen? Just give me as much details as possible. My breasts sag probably at least 4 inches below my crease line. My nipples don’t point down yet, but they are definitely close. They bother me because they are so saggy. Please help.

Breast Lift Without Reduction

+2

The short answer: breast lift without reduction is entirely possible and is doe routinely.

More importantly is whether what you seek can be achieved.

Becausee of your young age, loss of elasticity or internal support is probably not correctable with surgery.

The shaping and position of your breasts may be determiined by the large size of your breasts and your tissues may not be able to support that weight any other way.

During consultation, demonstrate to your surgeon what you are trying to achieve. Your plastic surgeon can tell you if that result is achievable and lasting.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

A lift with or without a reduction is possible

+2

I think a lift is very possible in your case, with or without a reduction. However, given how young you are, there are a couple of very important aspects of breast surgery that you need to be aware of:

First of all, if you are a smoker, you need to be off of all nicotine products (gum, patch, and of course cigarettes) for at least 1-2 months before surgery and 1-2 months after to give yourself the best chance at normal healing.

Once you have the procedure, it's important to realize that if you don't wear good support bras, over time, the droop of the breasts will come back-- this usually happens over several years, but I always tell my patients to continue to wear good support bras to maintain the results that they have invested so much into already.

While the chances are low, it is possible to lose some sensation to one or both nipples after a lift or reduction. This may or may not be important to you, and some women with heavy, ptotic (drooping) breasts have developed some loss of sensation already over time. Be prepared for this, and if you absolutely do not want to lose the sensation to the nipples, you may want to reconsider surgery. Again, the risk of this happening is low, but it exists.

There is also a chance of a decreased ability to breast feed after surgery as well. For many women, having the opportunity to breast feed once they have children is very important, and some women simply cannot breast feed, even if they have not had any breast surgery. But if any breast tissue needs to be removed as a result of the procedure, the risk exists that you may have less of a chance of breast feeding after the procedure. So if this is important to you, you may want to think it over as well.

There are many well-qualified surgeons in the Arlington/Dallas area, and they will be able to review their prices with you in detail, as there is great variety in the prices based on surgeon and region.

I wish you all the best of luck! Talk to one or two Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons before choosing the one you're most comfortable with,

Dr. Salemy

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

You can have a breast lift without a reduction, but this might need to be redone over time.

+1

Your breast have sagged because of their weight.  A breast lift will restore them to a more youthful position and shape, but the mass or weight of the breast will remain.  That will create downward pressure on the breast and might lead to sagging over time.

Breast lift just to "lift", not "reduce"

+1

Yes, this is possible.  However, DDD/F breasts are quite large and you might find that your lifted results hold up better if you remove some size.  You don't have to go too small, but at least removing some weight from the breasts will give your skin a fighting chance to help maintain your shape. 

Carmen Kavali, MD

Breast lift without breast reduction

+1

It is possible to perform a breast lift without removing any breast tissue. The mastopexy procedure would reposition the breast and elevate the nipple. Choosing the right plastic surgeon is an important process and cost should not be the most important consideration.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Breast lift without breast reduction

+1

It is possible to perform a breast lift without reducing the overall volume of the breast completely. Your best bet is to be evaluated by a board-certified plastic surgeon who is a great deal of experience in breast lift surgery. Let him or her know exactly what your concerns are and specifically what you're aesthetic goals are. If you want to change the shape or contour of the breast, it may be necessary to perform internal framework or suturing to the breast tissue. If you only want to change the position of the nipple, you may be a candidate for a limited breast lift that only treats the central portion of the breast. Make sure you review your many options with your surgeon to help decide which one will best meet your goals.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Breast lift with some reduction will last longer

+1

Since your skin represents part of the volume of your breasts, even if you only remove skin, the size of your breasts will be reduced slightly. In my experience, most women readily accept this as it usually doesn't reduce size but by about one-half to one-third of a cup size. Overall, as the other doctors have mentioned, your large size will still cause quicker sagging even after a lift and, for longevity's sake, a lift with a small reduction of breast size might be best. Your doctor will be able to help you figure out what should be done in order to meet your goals and get the best results for your body.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

+1

With such larger breasts, a breast lift probably would not hold up for long unless some weight was removed. The cost varies from region to region so I would focus on finding the best surgeon. The results are with you for life so I think you want the best and not necessarily the least expensive.

Breast lift without reduction for big breasts

+1

Dear Jagermeister,

While your increasing the income of your local Plastic surgeon is a good thing, I am not sure that YOU will be getting what you are paying for -- a good result with a reasonable duration. Are you REALLY SURE you want to do it?

In either a Breast Reduction OR a Breast Lift, you pay monetarily and with permanent scars to TEMPORARILY Lift your breasts (and in the case of a reduction reduce their volume at the same time). Unfortunately, the larger the remaining breasts, the faster the breast sagging AFTER either procedure will be.

In your case, I seriously doubt your raised DDD breasts will stay in their new positions more than 6-8 months before obeying gravity and heading back down again. Not to push this further, but when you have babies, another cycle of breast grown followed by deflation and further drooping is in your future.

So - YES - you absolutely can have a Mastopexy (Breast Lift) rather than a Breast Reduction.

Is it your best bet for longer lasting perky breasts? Absolutely not.

Good Luck.