Should I Have a Breast Lift Alone or Breast Lift with Small Implants? (photo)

Results are from breastfeeding & recently losing 30 lbs + 50 more b4 I do a lift. I have been researching full breast lifts with & w/o implants. I don't know my cup size, I only wear sports bras size XL. I want my breasts to be high, full, round, perky, volume, with new areola placement & areola reduction. I used to be a full C. I would like to be a full C/small D. Not worried about scars. In the pics I don't think they will be a full C/small D with just a lift, do you? Would they be adequate?

The high and round look needs an implant with the lift

+2

In order to get the high round look that you describe you should consider a small subglandular implant with the breast lift. Your ptosis is the worst, grade III, but look at it this way, you will have the most to gain. Keep losing the extra weight.

Breast left only or with implants

+2

Given your anticipated additional 50 lb weight loss you should reassess this question after you have lost the weight. I would assume that at that point you will very much want the additional volume that implants will give you.

If you do not lose that weight then and you are happy with your current volume then you do not need implants. If you do want more volume then by all means add the implants.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Lift with or without implants

+2

If you like the volume you have, then just a lift would be ok but you may be slightly smaller. If youw ant more volume, then an implant is a good idea.

Probably best to have lift and implants

+2
Your photos show a significant degree of ptosis (droopiness) from pregnancies and weight loss and a lift is definitely indicated. You will lose some volume with the lift so in order to achieve a fuller C or D and to improve your breast shape, implants should be used.

David J. Levens, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift plus implants are needed for a high full breast look

+1
Based on your photographs a breast lift should improve the shape of your breast and the position of your nipple areola.

A breast lift alone will improve the shape of your breast but the upper pole above the areola will be loose and jiggly.  If you want full firm upper pole of your breast you definitely will need an implant preferably placed beneath your muscle for the look that you want to achieve.

For more information on combination breast lift and augmentation please read the following link:

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast lift

+1

My personal approach would be to perform a mastopexy only at this point.  If you desire an implant later there is nothing wrong with placing an implant at a second stage.  Your photos indicate that the nipples need to be moved a pretty far distance.  When the nipple only needs to be moved a short distance,  performing  a lift with an implant in one stage works well.. However, when moving the nipple the distance you need, a two stage approach is safer and it also makes it easier to obtain a better result. So I would start with the lift only, then after a few months you could decide on whether you want an implant added.  Granted, a different approach than many surgeons may recommend, but this approach has kept me out of trouble while at the same time producing  a better result than trying to one stage it.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD