Right Breast is Lower Than Left After Breast Lift

Do you think my breast lift needs a revision? What can be done to fix this?

Improve Breast Symmetry with Revisionary Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. 

Yes,  the appearance of your breasts can be improved upon with Revisionary surgery. This can best be accomplished, in my opinion, with internal suture repair of the press and how pockets (capsulorapphy).  this procedure will serve to raise the breast implants on the chest wall.  it can also help improve symmetry the breasts  and improve the position of the nipple/areola on the breast mounds.

Additional skin excision ( revision mastopexy) can also be done if necessary.

Make sure your surgeon has significant experience with revisionary breast surgery.

New breasts may change.

+1

Your right breast does look different than the left.  Is this a fairly new breast augmentation?  If so your breasts may change during the next few months.  You should wait at least 6 months before considering a breast revision. 

Breast lift revision

+1

The right breast looks a bit longer in the lower pole, and can probably be adjusted for the asymmetry as needed.  If it was done recently I would give it 6 months or more from your previous surgery to heal properly.

Breast Lift needs Revision

+1

Hi there-

Yes, I would recommend a revision for you if you were my patient... Your breasts are asymmetric and just do not have a pretty shape right now...

But please know that this CAN be fixed and you CAN have lovely breasts with proper management.

Talk you your surgeon, and if you feel necessary, a few others with a lot of experience doing breast surgery.

I usually do feel that patients are best off being loyal to their original surgeon, but only if they chose this surgeon for the right reasons.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Can be corrected

+1

It appears the distance from the bottom of your areola to the crease on the right is longer than that distance on the left breast.  This produces a right breast that is fuller along the lower portion than the left breast.  This can be corrected by shortening this distance on the right to match the left.  Get several opinions from board certified plastic surgeons through a formal consultation.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Right Breast Revision

+1

Looking at your photograph, it appears that you need revision of the inframammary fold area on your right breast.  By removing excess skin in that area, you can reinforce the fold as well as lower the nipple itself.  This would give you better symmetry with the left breast, as well as decrease the distance from your nipple the fold of your breast.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after breast lift

+1

Thank you for the photograph it appears that the right nipple is a little highter than the left. It is difficult to lower a nipple once it is put in its position. After a period of time, sometimes it helps to revise a mastopexy scar and gain a little more fullness in the upper portion of the breast. Some correction can be expected.

Burr Von Maur, MD

Breast lift asymmetry can be corrected.

+1

Hi.

I am afraid you do have significant asymmetry after breast lift.  The right nipple is too high and the fold under your right breast is too low.  Left breast is a little wider. You would probably benefit with a revision.

You also had breast implants, didn't you?  That can also be revised.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast Asymmetry after Mastopexy

+1

It is hard to tell for sure from your picture, but it does look like you have asymmetry between your right and left breast.  Your right implants appears slightly lower which is making your right nipple appear slightly elevated.  How far post-op are you.  In general, it is best to wait several months before getting concerned to allow enough time for the swelling to resolve and the tissues to settle.  At that point, you may need a revision surgery to reposition the right implant.  Good luck with your recovery.

David Shafer, MD