Do I Need a Breast Lift with my Breast Augmentation to Fix Asymmetry?

I want breast augmentation with saline implants and the first surgoen I visited told me that my she will fix my asymetry through the breast crease with saline implants for 7500 while the other advised to do mastopexy with implants for 12000? Which doctor should I choose and do I really need a lift?

(Click on photo to expand view)

Correction of breast asymmetry with implant augmentation surgery (photos/pics)

+1

I see a larger and lower right breast. In my opinion, I would probably advise a slight reduction on the right with periareolar or circumareolar mastopexy and breast augmentation with sub-muscular placement of breast implants.

Breasts and asymmetry

+1

Asymmetry always occurs in breasts.  While the nipples are at slightly different heights, you probably can avoid additional scarring by just having implants.  If the nipple discrepancy bothers you after the procedure you can always go back and have that adjusted.

What is the best option with asymmetric breast position

+1

After reviewing the one photo I would recommend a breast augmentation alone through an incision under the brease or through the areola. The only reason that you may benefit from a lift would be a minor lift of the right areola to try to bring it up closer to level with the left arola. I would advise against a full mastopexy, at least at this time.

Best of luck

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

With nipple position asymmetry a breast lift is most often necessary

+1

Your pictures show a noticable difference in the position of the nipple-areolas, and implants alone don't correct for that, especially when the breasts are about equal in size as yours appear to be. There are different schools of thought about this,  but in my way of thinking you will be happier if it is corercted. It is very likely that only a minimal type of lift would be required so no major scars. You may wish to get another consult though just so you have a better sense of the range of costs.

Richard Baxter, MD

Asymmetry and Breast Implants

+1

After looking at your pictures, I think that you would achieve a nice result with just an augmentation.  There is always some asymmetry between the breasts, and there are a few things you can do with just an augmentation that can help this ( placement, size, etc.).  However, you have to be willing to live with some asymmetry.  The goal is to minimize this as much as possible, but balanced out with additional scars on the breast, etc.  I hope this helps

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy or not

+1

Your photo didn't come out at all on the post so I can't tell you anything about lifts vs implants.  I can say that no real plastic surgeon could do a lift and implants for $1200 so you must have these figures wrong or else you've been to someone who isn't a real plastic surgeon and who is trying to get into this work by undercutting the real doctors.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS