My breast have always been 'ugly' but after breastfeeding I have finally decided to get a Lift and Augmentation... What is the normal cost and how do I know if I'm paying too little or too much?
How Much Does Breast Lift and Breast Augmentation Cost?
Doctor Answers (17)
Don't always base your decision on price
Altering one's body with plastic surgery is an extremely important decision and should not be taken lightly. While price point is a reality for many people on a budget, it is most important to find a surgeon with the proper credentials. Ideally, a surgeon that spends time with you on a consult, has a lot of pictures to go through, is board certified, and operates in a safe environment should have these minimal qualifications.
What good is it to pay only $3500 for a breast augmentation only to have a non plastic surgeon operate on you in a risky setting? Breast augmentation can range depending on what incision is made and the type of implant used, but usually is in the range of $5000 to $8000. Good luck.
Cost of Augmentation-Mastopexy Breast Implants with Lift)
The cost will vary depending upon:
- the type of implants (saline or silicone)
- the technique of breast lift required
- the surgical setting (hospital vs. surgical center
- anesthesia fees (general vs. sedation)
- region of the country
- experience of the surgeon
For example, the fees for Augmentation-Mastopexy in Denver, at this time, range from about $8,000 to $14,000.
Breast implant Costs
In looking at the a price quote for breast augmentation, you should consider many variables.
1. The Surgeon's Fee. This can vary widely depending on the experience and results and thus demand for that surgeon. This also sometimes depends on technique. For example, a sub-muscular placement of an implant is much faster and thus takes less work for the surgeon than a sub-fascial placement of the implant that takes twice as long.
2. The Implant. The breast implant price depends on using a saline, memory gel, or highly cohesive (gummybear) implants. Usually saline implants cost about $1,000 for a pair, memory gel $2,000, and highly cohesive $3,000. If fat is used instead of an implant, then usually a fat harvest charge is used instead of implant fee as liposuction supplies are used and the fat purified in a variety of methods. The size of the implant does not matter, only the type of implant. If a dermal matrix is needed then there is an additional charge (usually about $1,000). In revisions, often the same implant can be used which saves on the implant costs. If a breast lift alone is performed, then obviously there is no implant cost.
3. Anesthesia. This can vary as well. If a board certified anesthesiologist is used then the price is higher. If a CRNA (nurse anesthetist) then the price is lower. It is even lower when a doctor just uses a non-certified anesthetist nurse, or just a medical assistant to push the anesthetic drugs (yes, this actually does happen).
4. Facility Fee. This can vary if the surgeon is using a certified surgery center or hospital vs. his non-certified office.
These four components make the total price, so it is best to break these down so the patient knows exactly what she is getting.
Realself has an average cost for each city.
Pablo Prichard, MD
You might also like...
Cost of Breast lift and Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation in my Raleigh, NC practice is 5,000-6,000 depending on type of implant. A lift ranges from around 7500.oo up to 10,900.00 with a lift without implant being less expensive and a lift with silicone implant being the most expensive.
Best of luck,
Cost for lift and implant
National Average for Cost of Breast Lift
According to the 2012 statistics released by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the national average surgeon's fee for breast lift alone was $4332. This is only the surgeon's fee, and does not account for the cost of the breast implants, anesthesia, facility fees, and other additional expenses. This is a national average, and the cost could be higher or lower depending on your geographic area. That being said, it's extremely important that you choose a plastic surgeon based on skill, experience, education, and credentials rather than price. Beware of "bargain surgery" — it is cheap for a reason. Remember that your overall health, happiness, and satisfaction with surgery are priceless.
In the Midwestern United States, Breast Augmentations With Breast Lifts Range from $6,000 to $8,500
The combination of breast lift and breast augmentation is one of the most commonly performed cosmetic surgical procedures. Prices vary widely, and depend on several variables. It’s important to make sure the fee quote includes the surgeon’s fee, facility fee, anesthesia charges, implant cost and the pre and post- operative care. Each of these components may vary widely depending on the surgeon’s practice.
Generally, surgeons who operate in dedicated outpatient cosmetic surgery facilities are able to offer lower facility fees than those who operate in hospitals. The surgeon’s fee can vary depending on regional differences and levels of local competition. Anesthesia fees can vary, and this may be related to the use of a nurse anesthetist verses a physician anesthesiologist. Finally, there may be wide variations depending on the type of implant used. For instance, silicone implants are more expensive than saline implants.
When all of these variables are considered, fees in the Midwestern United States vary between $6,000.00 and $8500.00. It’s important to remember that although price is an important component of your decision, it’s not the only consideration. Make sure that your plastic surgeon is board certified with appropriate qualifications and experience.
Breast Lift and Breast Augmentation Cost
Surgical fees vary greatly through the country and even in the same city. The range could be from $5000 to $12000 depending on the location of the surgeon and type of implants. Do not sacrifice quality for short term financial savings.
Cost of Breast Lift and Augmentation
Thank you for your question.
Each surgeon’s fees will be different depending on many factors. Factors such as the certification of the surgeon, the experience of the surgeon, if the surgery is performed in the office or in a hospital / outpatient surgery center, if performed under local anesthesia or general anesthesia and who is administering the anesthesia. Don’t choose your surgeon ONLY by price, make sure they can achieve your goals.
A range would be $6500-10,000 depending on the amount of lifting needed and the types of implants.
I hope this helps.
There are several different types of breast lifts.
There are several main types of lifts with a few modifications of each. These are increasingly more expensive as you go down the list.
crescent (scar only above areola)
periareolar (circular scar all the way around areola)
vertical (also called lollipop because of circular scar around areola and vertically descending scar)
anchor (same as vertical scar PLUS a horizontal scar across the bottom)
Unfortunately it is not as easy as just deciding which one you want. The choice of which type is dependent upon how much of a lift you need.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.