Breast Lift Vs. Benelli Lift Plus Implant

I want: Smaller, higher areola Fuller upper breast Rounder shape Tighter skin Don't want: Anchor scar (circle around nipple is fine) Is this possible with a benelli (or some other) lift + an implant in my case? Anything but the regular lift.

Not a candidate for a Benelli breast lift

+1

With proper implant selection and quality of your breast tissue you may be a candidate for a Benelli type doughnut mastopexy.  This type of lift works best if you are only removing areolar skin.  Also know that this type of breast lift has the highest rate of patient dissatisfaction if it is pushed too far.  In m opinion you are not a candidate for this type of breast lift.  You will need a vertical mastopexy.

Breast Lifting Technique?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

It would be best to give you advice after direct examination,  but based on the photos I think you will too well with a vertical mastopexy/augmentation procedure.  Unfortunately, there is too much breast ptosis for a circumareolar procedure only.

Keep in mind,  that most patients except the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry.

Benelli lift vs vertical lift

+1

Hard to say from just the photos you posted, however, I do a lot of lifts of the areola during breast augmentation with great success in the proper candidate.  Hard to say without a formal exam and more/better photos.

Breast lift vs. Benelli lift plus implant

+1

Thanks for the photo! In my opinion you need an implant + either L-shaped or full lift. SORRY, but that is my opinion from the photo. Please seek 3 opinions in person. Also get a mammogram.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Vertical breast lift with lollipop scars is most effective.

+1

Hi.

You look like an ideal candidate for a vertical breast lift (Lejour technique, lollipop scars).  This operation lifts the breasts from the inside without relying on pulling the skin, which stretches.  You get smaller areolas, much higher nipples, and good long term shape. Women accept these scars just fine because they love their new perky breasts.

You have too much sagging for a Benelli circular lift, with or without scars.

Nobody needs the anchor scars for just a breast lift.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

A breast lift can be done with an incision around the nipple only

+1

You need a lift to move your nipples up to a more aesthetic position. If you are satisfied witht he size of your breasts, an implant is not necessary.  Implants will make your breasts larger. A Benelli lift does involve an incision around the areola. This procedure did not give a lasting result because only skin was removed and skin stretched out again quickly with recurrance of breast drooping. However, it is possible to reshape and reposition the breast tissue itself so that the skin is not being asked to act as a bra and hold everything up; the breast itself is in a higher place, not hanging over the inframammary crease. So the incision and scar is the same as the Benelli, but more work is done on the breast under the skin so the result is more long lasting.

I hove new photos going up on my website soon of exactly this procedure. Hope this helps

Elizabeth Slass Lee, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

A Benelli lift isn't appropriate for you

+1

Unfortunately, you have too much skin laxity to get a decent result from a periareolar or Benelli lift even with a huge implant to take up the skin.  All you will get is a breast that is flat in the front with a baggy lower pole. Sometimes, based on your anatomy,  you just can't have what you want and in order to have a nice shape, reduced areolas, and some upper pole fullness, you need a full lift and an implant.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast lift with or without implants - long term results

+1

It is important to think long-term when considering a breast lift, since none of the techniques currently used has proven to maintain fullness in the upper part of the breast without implants. I am not optimisitc based on the photo however that a Benelli will do it for you even with implants; the vertical pattern seems more likely to give you the best shape. There are always trade-offs, and trying to do to much with  a Benelli will produce a flat breast.

Richard Baxter, MD

Breast lifts with small incisions

+1

What you are describing is a common question-- how to get the best look for the breasts with the smallest or least amount of incisions.  The Benelli lift (breast lift technique with only an incision around the areola) usually works best in patients who need very little lift and probably will work better in your case with an implant.  I think the first question I would ask you is if you're happy with the size of your breasts-- if you are, then I would recommend a traditional lift without implants.  This would probably require more incisions to give you the best shape-- sometimes that is the tradeoff, and there are certainly some patients who would rather not have any surgery at all than to have the anchor-type incision, so we would have to have a long discussion about the pros and cons of the procedure.  If you wanted to be a bit fuller, however, I think that could be accomplished with implants and a lift, but there are advantages and disadvantages of each type of lift and we would need to go over those as well.  In short, I have no doubt that many surgeons could get you a very nice shape to your breasts, but to do it reliably would probably require more incisions.  Hope that helps and good luck,  Dr. S

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

Treatment for sagging breasts

+1

In analysing breast, I look at shape, size, nipple-areola size and position, symmetry, distribution of volume among other things. Your breasts eems to have elements of all of these factors. A Benelli type lift effects the nippple position and areolar size, but not the shape or volume distribution of the breast tissue. I suspect a vertical lift would be a reasonable apporach although depending on the distribution of volume (i.e. superior fullness), some patient might need a small reduction with the volume replaced by a small implant that gives superios fullness along with a vertical lift. Anchor-type lifts are very uncommon in my practice.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD