Do I Need a Breast Lift with BA and Can I Just Have a Mini Tuck ? (photo)

I am debating on adding the breast lift with my breast augmentation due to the breasts being slightly tuberous. Can I just do a high profile b.a. and not the lift? I am a 34AA right now and might do a 300cc under the muscle. Also, I've attached a picture of my stomach....I am 115lbs. with just some skin hanging over my c-section area... is it suitable to do just a mini tuck. I am an active runner and do weight training 4 times a week. Appreciate your insight.

BA vs BL and Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.  

I would recommend a perioareolar breast lift for you to help correct your breast shape and assymetry.  I do not think I could give you an ideal shape and symmetry by implants alone.

In regards to your tummy tuck,  I do think a tummy tuck will be very helpful to you, but cannot decide whether you are a better candidate for a full or mini  based on the photos provided.  An in office exam with a board certified plastic surgeon should answer this question.

As an avid runner, you will need to take 4-6 weeks of light duty to get to your final result.   

I hope this helps!!!

Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Lift needed?

+1

I think that just a periareolar lift would help center your nipple better. You also have a little asymmetry that needs to be dealt with. A mini tummy tuck would work but the scar might have to ba little longer because of the amount of extra skin you have. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/

Lift needed?? Mini-TT a good choice??

+1

Thanks for the question and the photos. Neither are quite enough to give a definitive answer, and even a full portfolio of photos is quite like an actual consult.

• Breast:  your arms are elevated in the photo, and this already simulates a breast lift. Your breasts are constricted (tuberous) and you would probably have a better result with a lift in addition to implants. Your surgeon will be able to help navigate the many alternatives. 
  • Tummy tuck: Although I cannot see the entire abdomen, from the narrative of the question it seems that the upper abdomen is OK. This is one of the few setting for which a mini-TT is an excellent option. If there is an issue in the upper abdomen which I cannot see in these photos, I would retract that recommendation.

Thanks, and best wishes.

Do I Need a Breast Lift with BA and Can I Just Have a Mini Tuck ?

+1

Posted photos are slightly helpful. So yes you can do the options you have outlined in your question/statement. Best is in person evaluations.  

Breast lift with implants and mini tummy tuck

+1
Thank you for posting pix even though limited in view. Few patients are good candidates for a mini abdominoplasty and you seem to be. You may even have the opportunity to have high profile silicone implants placed under the muscle through your abdominoplasty incision. Best of luck.

Best Option for Breast and Tummy Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Unfortunately, I am not able to provide you with precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals. Based on your pictures however it seems like you will do well with breast augmentation plus/minus limited breast lifting (circumareolar).

A more complete history, physical examination (or photos) and discussion of your goals would be necessary to give you good advice about your tummy.  Generally speaking, very few patients who have had a pregnancy and/or weight gain/loss are a good candidate for mini tummy tuck surgery.

In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.
For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.

You will be best served by meeting with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons to obtain good advice, learn about the pros and cons of each type of procedure, and make an intelligent decision about which  procedures will most likely achieve your goals.

Best wishes

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_mommyMakeover.htm

Breast surgery and mini tummy tuck

+1

It is hard to tell if only the implants will correct your breasts from your photos...at most, the addition of a circumareolar mastopexy would be all that would also be needed.  A mini  tummy tuck appears quite reasonable.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation/lift

+1

You need a very carefull examination and measuremnts.

You have two different breasts. the position of the nipples are different and the size is different. I would consider a cohesive gell shaped implant.

As for the tummy tuck, the pictures posted are very limited to give an opinion. Cosult an experienced Board certified Plastic Surgeon.

Breast Lift, Breast Implant and mini tuck

+1

Creekga, thank you for providing the photo. Based on the limited view of the photo, you may need breast lift with breast implant. The best way to know if you need a lift is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

In term of your abdomen, it looks like you are a great candidate for a mini tuck. Many patient undergo mini tuck in the office and without general anesthesia. If you are combining procedures, you may need General anesthesia. Make sure you are seeing a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons. Do your home work well.

Web reference: http://www.georgiaplastic.com/atlanta-plastic-surgery-photos/mini-tummy-tuck