Suggestions For BA Technique After Weight Loss Left My Breasts Deflated

I am 21yo, 157cms tall, 53.5kgs (my weight has stayed between 50-55kgs for 5 yrs) I have never been pregnant. When I was 14 I put on weight (I got to 68kgs) however I lost it quickly &have kept it off ever since. Sadly after my weight loss my breasts began to droop and my nipples became larger. I'm extremely self conscious about them and just wish to have younger, firmer, fuller looking breasts. I have looked into many different options- any suggestions on the type of surgery I may need? Do I need a lift?

Breast surgery after weight loss

+2

Hi,

If your breasts are sagging, then you need a lift. Please do not let anyone talk you into getting implants to 'lift' your breasts. Implants do not lift breasts. I see women every day who were wrongly advised. Implants will only stretch out your tissue making the problem worse with time. So, please do your homework and choose wisely. Best wishes, Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss and implant

+1

You ill need a lift and augmentation.   Your skin quality is the main determinant of location and so the best person to answer this question is your plastic surgeon. In my practice a majority of women get submuscular or dual plane implants and especially in those women who have lost weight. The skin has lost volume and elasticity and as such cannot bear the weight of the implant.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Lifting your breasts can lift your spirits

+1

First of all, congratulations on losing your excess weight and keeping it off.  It is not uncommon for breasts to get small and start sagging with weight loss. The majority of women who are unhappy with sagging of their breasts are candidates for a breast lift.  Implants provide little, if any lift and can make the problem worse over time when they are placed on top of the muscle. if you need a lift, get a lift. If you want to be bigger, get implants.  If you want/need both, get both.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast rejuvenation after massive weight loss

+1
Hello, It is difficult to know what would be best for you without looking at least at photos. In general, patients with massive weight loss require both augmentation for volume replenishment as well as mastopexy or breast lift to reduce and reshape the excess breast laxity. There is a good chance that you will need a secondary revision surgery to additionally tighten the breast tissue a year or two after surgery as breast tissue that has lost its elasticity does not behave a strongly as normal breast tissue.

Remus Repta, MD

You need implants and a vertical lift for firmness and smaller areolae.

+1

You need the implants for fullness and firmness.  But remember, implants will cause your areolae to stretch and look even larger.  To tighten the skin and reduce areolar size, there is no substitute for a vertical breast lift (not a donut mastopexy or crescent mastopexy).  This tightens the breast, makes in more conical, and provides an effective lift.  Don't have implants thinking the implants will take up the slack.  They won't, and you will likely be unhappy with how big your areolae become.  Look at photos of patients that have similar characteristics to you before and after surgery.  Be sure you are comfortable with the incisions.  And most importantly, go to a surgeon whose work you think meets your bar for satisfaction.  There are photos of the combined implant/lift procedure on my website.  The link is attached.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and augmentation

+1
Hi,
Sorry to hear you do not like the look of your breasts, but on the other hand, that's what plastic surgery is for! Based on your description alone, it sounds like you will indeed require a lift as well as implants. The lift will help correct the droopiness and wide areola, while the augmentation component improves the volume and shape. Obviously, we would require you to have a consultation to assess you adequately. There are many qualified board-certified plastic surgeons who can help you (myself included).
Good luck!
- Dr. Sayed

Tim A. Sayed, MD, FACS
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Surgery After Massive Weight Loss

+1

As always it is difficult to give a definitive answer without photos, but most women with deflated breasts benefit from a breast lift and augmentation, and if there if not much breast tissue to move then a peri-areolar approach (scar around the edge of the areola) should work. It really depends whre your nipples lie in relation to the breast fold and how important it is to you to reduce the areola size. Get a couple of opinions from board certified plastic surgeons.

Joseph Fata, MD

Breast surgery after weight loss

+1

Without photos it is difficult to determine what you may need.  Many cases can be improved with breast lift only where others may require an implant with a lift.  The lift will decrease nipple areola size and shape the breast.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Lift and augmentation

+1

From your description, it seems to me you need both lift and an implant. This would correct the areolar size, correct the droopy look and give the breast the required volume. However, I agree with all the comments, you need to be examined and appropriate advice is given.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Breasts after weight loss

+1

Everyone is different but most women who have lost a significant amount of weight would benefit from both a lift and an augmentation with implants to achieve younger fuller breasts.  Good luck!

Bivik Rajnikant Shah, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon