I Had a Breast Lift/augmentation on Sep. 10th 2013?

On the 16th a bit of redish blood looking liquid came out from under the tape covering. Its a min. amount... a drop hear & there. Is this normal?

Incision drainage

+1

I'm sure it's fine at only 6 days post op lift with augmentation.  Definitely follow up in-office with your surgeon so any complications such as infection can be ruled out.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Mild drainage from incision

+1

This likely represents a suture reaction. It probably is nothing more that irritated subdermal area of the wound.  Nonetheless, you should have your surgeon take a look to be sure it is nothing else, like an early infection.

Good luck

Dr. Vasisht

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Acute problems/concerns after procedures

+1

should always be managed by your surgeon. I am hoping you have called your surgeon's office for further instruction as this could range from a tape blister to an infection.and requires an examination to determine  this.  Always keep your surgeon informed of your recovery and any bumps in the road that you encounter.

Curtis Wong, MD

Drainage from an incision

+1

If you are having some drainage from your incision you need to be checked to rule out an infected buried suture knot.  If the your incision seems to be clean and there is no surrounding redness you are most likely fine.  

Drainage on dressing

+1

This sounds normal. Signs of bleeding after surgery are usually more associated with one breast being much bigger than the other, increased pain or pressure on one side compared to the other, and/or bruising on one breast that is worse than the other side. I would just touch base with your surgeon's office for some reassurance. Good luck.

R. Michael Koch, MD
Tarrytown Plastic Surgeon

+1

This sounds like a non-problem, but this sort of question really should be addressed by phone with your surgeon, so some added info can be obtained and then you can get reassurance, or be asked to come in and be seen.

All the best.