Revision for Thick and Raised Breast Lift Scar?

I had a breast lift and breast augmentation one year ago, but I still have a little thick, raised scar on the side of my breasts. Can an old raised scar still be healed while using scar silicone gels, or is it too late since the scars are old? Will Dermatix silicone gel help for raised scars?

Revision for thick and raised breast lift scar?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. It is common for scars to fully mature for up to a year. In the meantime, there are a few things that may help to ameliorate your incision/scar. The most proven (as well as cheapest) modality is simple scar massage. Applying pressure and massaging the well-healed scar has been shown to improve the appearance as it breaks up the scar tissue, hopefully producing the finest scar as possible. Other things that have been shown to add some benefit are silicone sheets, hydration, and topical steroids. In addition, avoidance of direct sunlight to the incision will significantly help the appearance as they tend to discolor with UV light during the healing process.

If unsightly scars are still present after approximately a year's time, other things that your surgeon may consider are intralesional steroid injections, laser, or just surgical revision of the scar itself.

Hope that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Treating old scars

+1

A one year old scar may not be amenable to topical agents or pressure dressings. You  may be better off with a scar revision. I would then recommend taping the area for several weeks to months and offering topical agents as well.

Revision may improve thick and raised breast lift scars

+1

Really a photo could help. But if these scars are older than 2 years than only revision can improve, MAYBE. Go see 3 boarded plastic surgeons in person. Good Luck and Merry Merry.