Breast Lift with Augmentation for fullness. (photo)

I am aware that I need a lift. I wear about a 34B or sometimes 34C. I do not want to go any bigger than what I am already. My question is how much cc would I need to stay about the same size I already am, but would still give me the fullness the implants provide?

Upper pole fullness without implants

+2
Since you are satisfied with your size, implants are not necessary and I recommend a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection without an implant. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. There is a common misconception that implants are the only way to create upper pole fullness. A new technique creates upper pole fullness without implantation.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast

+2
Thank you for the pictures.

I definitely believe that you'll make a great candidate for breast lift and augmentation.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Augmentation

+2
With out examining you it is hard to tell from the side picture what your best option is.  However, breast lift alone, or breast lift with augmentation are the two broad options.  Fat grafting can be a nice alternative to implants in that I can place the volume and fullness right where you need and avoid implants altogether.  Fat grafting is not as straight forward as implants however.  We need a formal consult to discuss more fully, I look forward to helping you.

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Augmentation for fullness.

+2
I might recommend a full lifting operation with fat gratis to the upper poles as another option. Best to find a fat transfer expert to discuss this idea... 

Breast lift with small implant for fullness

+2
Thank you for your question and photograph.  I agree with others that she will need a formal consultation and examination by a board certified plastic surgeon.

However you do have significant breast volume and the left will certainly improve the fullness of your breast.  However in my experience and implant is almost always required for fullness above the nipple.  Since you have significant breast volume a smaller implant in the 250-300 cc range  may be best for yousince but you need a formal examination  and sizing session with a board certified plastic surgeon to be sure.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast Lift vs. Breast Augmentation and Lift

+2
Your question is similar to what other women ask regarding whether an implant should be used when they are considering a breast lift. The final answer to your question can only be determined after a full consultation and physical examination. This would involve a detailed conversation about your desired breast size and shape. Your surgeon will guide you in your decision-making process and can help you select the volume which is appropriate if you decide an implant is necessary.

If you are happy with your present breast size, then you do not need a breast augmentation. However, following a breast lift a few women will comment that they think their breasts are a bit smaller in size. The overall breast volume has not changed, but because the breast is lifted (and therefore more compact) the smaller surface area-to-volume ratio of the lifted breast makes the breast seen smaller. To some extent this is not unlike comparing a moderate profile breast implant with a high profile breast implant of the same volume. If I have a woman that is unsure as to whether she wants an implant along with her lift, I show her an approximation of what her post-op breast will look like (with just a lift alone) by manipulating/tightening the breast skin; once she sees this it is easier for her to make the decision.

If you desire a larger breast size, then you should consider implants. The volume of the implants would depend upon your desired breast size and shape.

How much fullness can be achieved in the upper pole the breast is somewhat dependent upon overall volume, but also depends upon the type of lifting technique, how aggressively that technique is applied, and the quality of the breast skin. It is more difficult to maintain a lifted, full, perky breast shape in patients who have thin and inelastic skin.

Seek an experienced board certified plastic surgeon with whom you feel comfortable.
Best wishes. Ken Dembny.

Kenneth Dembny, II, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with Augmentation for fullness

+2
Hello and thank you for your question.
You would need to be seen in person in order to determine what implant size would be appropriate for you. The determination of which implant should be used takes into account information gathered from physical examination and measurements which unfortunately can not be obtained from one profile picture. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Breast lift

+2
Dear nanziva,
   Thanks for submitting your picture, though the front picture will be very helpfull. As a rule, if you do not want to go bigger, do not use implants. The lift procedure remove just skin that does not weigh much, so it does not change the size of the breasts. As far as the lift, basically you can have a mini lift ( donut )  or full lift ( key hole ). With either procedure you will have more fullness of the upper pole of the breasts. More so, though with full lift that will also give you an oval breasts as oppose to round breasts with mini lift. Always , consult with board certified plastic surgeons and check the before and after to make sure that you like the results.
                                             Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Augmentation for fullness

+2
The short answer to your question is ---Not a very large implant.

The long answer is more complex.  The procedure you are contemplating is commonly done and is about 'redistributing' volume from an area where it is less desirable (the lower pole of your breast) and placing it in the upper pole.  Generally, when a breast lift is performed (even with removal of very little breast tissue other than skin) your breast will look significantly smaller to you even though there has technically not been much change in volume.  Because of this, it's not uncommon to place a slightly larger implant.

I would suggest that you have a discussion with your plastic surgeon about what you want in terms of your long term shape and volume.  You can then have a reasonable discussion about implant choice.

Paul H. Rhee, MD, FACS
Castle Rock Plastic Surgeon

The Give and Take of Augmentation Mastopexy

+2
A lift can be done many, many ways. One option is to remove tissue from the bottom of the breast while doing your lift and replace that volume in to the top half of your breast with an augmentation.  Your options very much depend upon what your end goal is.  If you like your breast size and would tolerate a slightly smaller volume, a lift alone would likely give you a good result and a good shape. It will not, however, fill the top half of your breast to give an augmented look long term. It may for a year but will not over time.  That is the role best filled by an implant.
Find a surgeon who does a variety of mastopexy operations so that your surgery can be fit to your body.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon