Breast Lift and Augmentation: I Am Looking for a Doctor Near Baton Rouge

I'm a gastric bypass patient who has lost 150lbs. I now am wanting a tummy tuck, possible body contouring, and a breast lift. Augmentation is undecided. I am currently a DD though I have very tubular breasts with no fullness and they are far apart affecting. Id like a perkier fuller breast with a possible implant to achieve this. I have severe ptosis. I also have tricare who only does plastic surgery out of neccessity. How can I make my case to insurance & how to handle my breasts?

Doctor for a lift in Baton Rouge

+2

There are plenty of good doctors in Baton Rouge. The best way to locate a board certified plastic surgeon is to go on the websites of either ASPS or ASAPS.

You will need lift only

+2

You have DD breast and also ptosis. Yo will need to have mastopexy and no implants . Your insurance will not cover this surgery. Please have consultations with multiple board certified plastic surgeon before you make a decision regarding your surgery. You can consult with Dr's.Stephans,Riley and Kaplan in Baton Rouge.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift and Augmentation Doctor Near Baton Rouge

+1

The ASPS website is a good start.  Dr. James Wade and Dr. Lucius Doucet are two possibilities. Consult with 2 - 3 surgeons in your area to find one who best meets your expectations for experience, expertise, and understanding of your needs.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation/Mastopexy after Massive Weight Loss?

+1

Congratulations on your successful weight loss.

I  am  sure there are many well-qualified plastic surgeons in your area. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery  to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Plastic surgeon for body contouring after massive weight loss

+1

I would contact several board certified plastic surgeons by phone to ask if they participate and then schedule appointments with at least 3. You can located surgeons via the ASPS or ASAPS websites

Tricare does partially cover tummy tucks

+1

I recently operated on a gastric bypass patient in which Tricare partially covered the cost of the tummy tuck (we got an authorization). I did breast lifts and arm lifts at the same time (Tricare did not cover these). But the cost was greatly reduced because the hospital and aesthesia were partially covered through the tummy tuck.

Mark Broudo, MD

Breast Lift and Augmentation after Weight Loss

+1

Your DD breast size likely means you won't need an implant.  Your tubular breast shape and ptosis (droopiness) can likely be corrected with just a mastopexy (breast lift).  Insurance will not cover this purely cosmetic procedure.

Some of your other procedures may be covered by insurance, though. For instance, removal of the skin from the lower abdomen might be covered (panniculectomy). 

You can go to plasticsurgery.org to find surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and are members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.  That's a great place to start, since you can be assured all those surgeons have proper training and credentials.  From there, have a few consults and go with the one you feel is right for you.

Carmen Kavali, MD