Breast lift with augmentation, or just breast lift? (Photo)

I'm turning 30 this year, and I've had and breast fed 4 kids. I'm officially done growing my family and starting to work on me. I've been eating healthy and working out hoping to get my body where it needs to be. I am aware that working out alone will not lift my breast and give them the rounded luscious shape I'm looking for! I plan on consulting with a board certified surgeon in the Dallas area, I'd like to first get some input; would I need a lift alone or a lift along with implants?

Breast lift plus augmentation is your best option

+2
A breast lift will definitely improve the shape of your breast and make them "perkier." However in my experience a breast lift alone does not make the breast falls and firm.  Most often if a lift alone is done the shape and position of the breast is improved but because of the lack of breast gland volume the breast tissue is "jiggly."

The addition of breast implants to your breast lift will give you the breast firmness that most patients desire.

Breast lift with augmentation, or just breast lift?

+2
Five options are available: 1. No surgery option, 2. Breast full lifting option, only, 3. Lifting with immediate implant, 4. separate lifting and implant operations, 5. Lifting with fat grafting... Best to seek a full understanding of all your options in an IN PERSON evaluation... 

Lift and implant

+1
Thank you for your question and photo and congratulations on your  hard work so far.  I would recommend that you get to your ideal body weight before moving forward with surgery.  Based on what I can see, I think a breast lift combined with an implant will give you the results you are seeking. . The breast lift will help shape your  breast and lift the nipple up higher, but often falls short in providing the rounded look you describe.  Generally I recommend a low or medium profile implant combined with a lift to minimize risk of complications.  Spend enough time with your  board certified plastic surgeon to have all of your questions answered.  Good luck!

Matthew H. Steele, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Lift and/or Augmentation

+1
In the picture I see, you are holding your arms in the air, and so I assume with your arms down you have even more drooping of the breasts. A breast lift accomplishes three things. First, where the areola is usually stretched out of proportion in diameter, it is reduced to a more proportionate size. Second, the nipple areola complex is moved up higher on the torso where it used to be, and then last the excess skin at the bottom of the breast is removed to get a perkier, more proportionate breast. Looking at the quality of your tissue, I have a feeling you are going to prefer the look of a small implant in addition in order to give more fullness and roundness to the overall breast shape. When offered these options with an in-person consultation, and I can demonstrate in front of the mirror the difference, probably 80% of patients prefer the lift with implant. I hope this has been of help to you. Robert D. Wilcox, M.D.

Robert D. Wilcox MD

Breast implants not necessary for youthful breasts

+1
Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to have enough breast tissue to undergo either the Ultimate Breast Lift or the Mini Ultimate Breast Lift. With either of these two procedures, implants are no longer necessary to accomplish increased cleavage and upper pole fullness that most women are looking for. It would be necessary to obtain your exact dimensions to see which of these two techniques would be appropriate for you. With the full UBL , there is no vertical scar and an internal bra is fashioned from your existing tissue which is anchored permanently to your chest muscles. With the Mini UBL the only incision you would need is one around your areola - no vertical scar or infra-mammary scar. Please visit my gallery to see examples of these techniques. Please keep in mind that implants in addition to volume add weight so with time they will inevitably stretch your tissue and cause greater sagging. In short, if you are happy with your size, skip the many pitfalls of breast implants.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

+1
  Just based upon your description of goals and the pictures presented, I think that a small to moderate sized implant used to improve superior pole fullness along with a vertical lift or anchor lift would provide a very nice result.

Breast lift with or without implants

+1
Thanks for your question and pictures.  Based on your pictures, a breast lift will help restore the youthful shape to your breasts nicely.  The decision on placing implants will depend on your desires for the appearance of your breasts.  If you want to increase the overall fullness (especially at the top of your breasts), implants will be a good option.

Naveen Setty, MD

Start with your goals, then decide on the surgical procedure

+1
Hi Royolivia06.   A breast lift will move your nipple up to its proper place on your breast mound.  A breast augmentation will make your breasts larger. Based on your pictures, I think a  breast lift (mastopexy) may be able to reshape your breast, and give you the desired appearance without using an implant, but it is hard to say without examining you.  I suggest you see one of the many excellent plastic surgeons in Dallas to get an opinion.  Good luck.

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

+1
Thanks for the helpful photos. If you are satisfied with the current breast volume or slightly less you can get a great look with a full lift. But if the volume is inadequate for your goal, a breast augment coupled with a lift will be necessary. If you are happy with just the lift that is better in the long run because once you get breast implants there will always be maintenance surgery down the road.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast lift vs Breast lift with implant

+1
 If there is adequate breast volume, as seems to be the case in your case then lift alone will give you youthful breasts.  Implant will only be needed if you wanted to increase your breast size at the same time.
Your goals for yourself will decide the choice of your operation.

Vasdev Rai, MD