Do I need a breast lift and what size implants? (photo)

Hi My doc says im borderline needibg a lift. I was a e cup whilst breastfeedibg but now in a c cup. He says i need to fill the skin with 500ccs+ but u dont need a lift. He also said to go subglandular. Im worried such large implants will make me even saggier in the long run. Would u suggest a lift/what position/and what size? Help!!!!

Breast Lift with Implants

+2
Hi, and thanks for your question.  Based on your photos which demonstrate some evidence of skin and breast tissue below the breast crease I would believe you will get the best results with a lift and an implant.  It also appears that there is some volume loss to the upper pole of your breasts combined with some loss of skin tone or elasticity.  In these case I find that performing a breast lift (mastopexy) combined with an implant of the right size gives excellent results.  In patients with some thinning of the breast tissue I do prefer to place the implant under the muscle with a dual plane technique because I believe it gives more natural and durable results.

When it comes to breast surgery I believe that an in person consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon is essential.  During the consult the implant size can be best determined.  I believe that a 500 cc implant would be very big on you, and would suggest an implant likely in the 350-375 cc range.

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift?

+2

I think you will get a better result with a smaller implant and a lift. 

You have a very thin chest wall.  A 500+ cc implant will be very big on you.  Placed above the muscle, this will hang the breast pocket and ultimately sag further over time.  

With your thin chest wall and tissue coverage, I think the transition at the top of you breast would be very obvious. 

I think a submuscular implant with a lift is a much better option. 

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a breast lift and what size implants?

+2
Thank you for the question and pictures. Although precise advice would necessitate in person consultation and a full communication of your goals, I will try to provide you with some advice based on the limited information here. In my opinion, most patients in your situation benefit from sub muscular (dual plane)  breast augmentation, breast lifting, and the use of silicone gel breast implants.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast
augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural”  or “C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

BBA

+1
I think you would benefit from a lift in addition to an augmentation.  Sizing can only be determined after a thorough consultation and sizing session.  See a BC PS.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)