Breast Lift and Reduction 5 Months Post Op Horrible Zings on Both Sides from Arm Pit to Ribs?

When I try to lay on my side my whole body starts to itch and zing, I just want to rip my skin off. Is this normal 5 months later. I asked my surgeon if there is a light at the end of the tunnel, he never answered my question. I fear the longer this goes on the perm. it becomes. Is there anything I should be doing to help this?

Concerns after Breast Reduction?

+1

Always  best to check with your own plastic surgeon about concerns after surgery. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with meaningful diagnosis, treatment recommendations, or reassurance.
Best wishes;  hopefully, you will be very pleased with the  long-term outcome of the breast reduction procedure.

Nerve pains following Breast Reduction and Lifts

+1

During the course of any breast procedure, nerves can be transected, stretched or otherwise damaged.  The pains that you are describing sounds like you have some nerves waking up after the above.  What you need to pay attention to are the following.  What is the quality of the pain, when does your breast hurt, do any activities that you perform make the pain worse, does anything make it better.

I also like to find out if there is any particular spot that is the most sore or if that one spot when hit or irritated starts the whole pain cascade.

if there is a solitary spot that kick starts the whole pain cascade, you may have a neuroma.  the treatment can be observation, steroid injection to calm it down, or surgery to cut the neuroma away.

if it is not a neuroma, i usually start with referral to a physical therapist for desensitization treatment with or without a tens unit.

Tincture of time will usually heal this up.  your time course and symptoms suggest that the nerves are just waking back up after surgery.  I think that the desensitization and tens unit could work for you better than a prolonged course of opioids.

good luck with your healing.  i hope you get better soon

Stephen M. Chen, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon