Is a Breast Lift and Implants Done at the Same Time? if So Does It Effect Price?

Simultaneous implant and lift

+2

It is more cost effective to do the breast lift and implants simultaneously.  This minimizes the number of aesthetics, pre-op screening, facility charges as well as surgeon's charges.  If the patient needs both procedures, I always do them at the same time.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and augmentation at the same time

+2

Yes an augmentation with a lift can be done at the same time by a surgeon who is competent to perform it.  There is very little need to split up the procedures if done correctly.   It is a very common procedure in my practice and yes it will most likely cost less all at once.  Many surgeons are making more money off of you by insisting that the procedures be separated.

David Nicholas Csikai, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Are a breast lift and implants done at the same time? If son, does it have an effect on cost?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question! These two procedures can safely and effectively be performed in one setting, given you are healthy and without medical comorbidities to prevent such. Staging the procedures to have them done at various times will likely not have any cost benefit for you. When you combine procedures, there is often a discount that is provided by the surgeon for multiple procedures. Also, when having multiple procedures performed at the same time, you save on anesthesia and facility fees, which otherwise are paid for with each individual procedure. In addition, you may benefit by the single recovery time.

However, more important than the financial aspect, your plastic surgeon will have to determine for you if the viability of the breast as well as nipple-areolar complex may be placed at jeopardy if done at the same time. If for this reason, it would be wise to stage these procedures. Cost of these procedures will vary amongst plastic surgeons in addition to geographic location.

Certainly it is you decision as to whether you have your procedures performed in one or multiple stages, but your surgeon will give his/her recommendations. Consult with a plastic surgeon well-versed in breast surgery who will discuss and examine you, while assisting you to decide which procedure will be the best option for you. I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon and see what your options are - sometimes multiple consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons is helpful for you to decide. Hope that this helps!  Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Both at the same time

+1

Combining breast augmentation and mastopexy is an efficient use of surgical time, recovery time, and for most part has efficiency for pricing.  Doing a breast lift and augmentation simultaneously requires expertise in both procedures.  Breast lift themselves, are relatively straight forward as are breast augmentation standing alone.  Combining these two procedures is more complex but is frequently done. 

Michael C. Fasching, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift and Breast Augmentation at the same time

+1

There is disagreement amongst plastic surgeons whether to do breast lift and breast augmentation at the same time.  There generally is a cost savings for both patient and surgeon if you do the procedures at the same time.  However, the important thing is to find a surgeon that understand your priorities and will deliver a result that will make you happy.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation and Breast Lifting Staged? Finances?

+1

Whether the breast lift and augmentation should be done the same time  is not a question agreed-upon by all plastic surgeons. There are good plastic surgeons who will insist on doing the procedures separately and there are good plastic surgeons who can produce excellent outcomes in a single stage.
The combination breast augmentation / mastopexy surgery differs from breast augmentation surgery alone in that it carries increased risk compared to either breast augmentation or mastopexy surgery performed separately. Furthermore, the potential need for revisionary surgery is increased with breast augmentation / mastopexy surgery done at the same time.
In my opinion, the decision  to do the operation in a single or two  staged fashion becomes a judgment call made by a surgeon after direct examination of the patient.  For me, if I see a patient who needs a great degree of lifting, who has lost a lot of skin elasticity, or  whose goal is a very large augmentation then I think it is best to do the procedures in 2 stages (in order to avoid serious complications). However, doing the procedure in one stage does increase the risks of complications in general and the potential need for further surgery. This increased risk must be weighed against the practical benefits of a single stage procedure (which most patients would prefer).
Conversely, if I see a patient who requires minimal to moderate lifting along with a small to moderate size augmentation (and has good skin quality), then doing the procedure one stage is much safer. Nevertheless, the potential risks  are greater with a 1 stage  procedure and the patient does have a higher  likelihood of needing revisionary surgery.

Generally speaking, you may find that returning to the  operating rooms for  two procedures will be more costly than having the procedure done in one session. I would suggest however that you make your first priority safety and outcome nevertheless. Choose your plastic surgeon based on this premise,  not on the basis of cost alone.

Breast Augmentation and Lift - one stage vs two stages

+1

A breast augmentation and lift can be performed in one setting.  This is a very common procedure.  However, if you have severe sagging or very loose skin, you may need the procedures performed in two separate stages.   And yes, an augmentation and lift is a much more involved procedure and requires more time than just a breast augmentation - so the costs will be much more.  Hope this helps.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast lift and implants

+1

I commonly perform implant surgery and breast lift at the same time. SOme surgeons will stage them and place implants and then lift the breasts.

Breast lift and implants

+1

Yes, a breast lift and implants can be performed at the same time for some patients.  Doing both procedures does add time and cost to the operation, so it does cost more than either procedure performed alone.  Doing both procedures at the same time can also increase your risk of certain complications, so this isn't for everyone.  I would recommend that you speak with a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your options.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Combining augment and pexy

+1
Breast augment and lift are frequently combined. The price tag, however, reflects the length of the procedure, similar to a breast reduction, with the added cost of implants. It is about 30% more than the augment alone but, in my opinion, can be truly worth it and less costly than dividing the procedures.

Robert L. Kraft, MD