Breast lift and implants or just implants? (photo)

29 and lost 155 lbs,I am 5'6weigh 162 lbs. I don't know my bra size,I buy padded bras, I'm maybe 36a, I really would like to get the best results and I know it's hard to say how many cc equal a C cup but that is my goal. Do I not get a lift and do 480-500 cc, or get a lift and 385 implants. And under or over the muscle? What's the difference with that as well. Well I have nice looking breasts? I've always had small breasts and no cleavage, I want to feel feminine. Thank you for your answers.

Breastlift and Augmentation

+3

It seems that you could go with either a breast augmentation alone or with breastlift and augmentation together. If you go with Augmentation alone, you will still have some asymmetry. It is likely that you will enjoy the results more and have longer lasting results with a combined augmentation/lift procedure and moderately sized implants. RB

Breast questions

+2

Pretty straightforward situation from my perspective. You need a vertical mastopexy with implants under the muscle. The only problem is that few surgeons know how to do that operation properly so you may need to do some research into who in your area has expertise with that procedure.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast lift or just implants

+2

Here's how to understand what breast implants and true breast lifts do and don't do.

Breast implants are just pillow volume behind your breast. They do not lift the breast although when they fill the breast out they can give the illusion of a lift as long as the nipple-areola is not too low relative to the inframammary crease behind it. They increase cleavage in the sense of the vertical edge of the breast but not in the sense of bringing the breasts closer together (if they are properly sized and positioned).

A true breast lift (not a "crescent" or most "periareolar" lifts) actually repositions the nipple-areola higher on the chest and the underlying breast with it. It doesn't not fill out the upper pole of the breast and does not give it forward volume (perkiness) like an implant.

In your case, a lift alone would do very little to improve your look and would not be worth it if your nipple-areola is not too low relative to the crease behind it (requires an exam). An implant would fill out the lower pole of your breast, fill out the upper pole, and give it forward volume, all of which would give you the illusion of a lift. The implant diameter should match the inner width of your breast upright with arms down and the standard would be a round saline-filled or silicone gel filled implant that is padded and protected by the pectoralis muscle for the upper half of your breast. If your tissue and skin coverage over the lower half of your breast is thin and minimal, a silicone gel-filled implant will feel more natural to you.

The largest cup size increase with a properly sized an positioned implant is 2 cup sizes with a high profile implant matched to your breast width.

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Implants with a lift

+2

It looks like you are very deflated in the photos and you probably require a lift. Best to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.

Breast aug without a lift?

+2

You will definitely need a lift. I would advise having your implants placed underneath the muscle. This will give you the most natural looking results.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implants or just implants?

+2

I think that you can choose either size implant placed under the muscle with a breast lift. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast lifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast implants

+2

It's difficult to determine based on your photo alone. The nipple position is not very low which means an implant alone may help in your case. An exam by a board certified plastic surgeon would be more helpful. You may also require a circumareolar lift at the same time to address some loose skin.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Breast Augmentation; Lift Necessary?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, I think you will be best off undergoing breast lifting as well as breast augmentation surgery. Based on your body type, I would likely recommend the use of silicone gel breast implants.

Although breast implants in the sub muscular ( or dual plane) position may experience “distortion” with muscle movement (workout) I still think it is in your best interests (and that of most patients seeking breast augmentation surgery) to have implants placed in the “dual plane” sub muscular position. This positioning allows for more complete coverage of the breast implants leading to generally more natural feel/look of the implants in the long-term. This position will also decrease the potential for rippling and/or palpability of the implants (which may increase with time, weight loss, and/or post-pregnancy changes).

The submuscular positioning also tends to interfere with mammography less so than in the sub glandular position. The incidence of breast implant encapsulation (capsular contraction) is also decreased with implants placed in the sub muscular position.

Breast Lift or Breast Lift with Implants

+2

Based on your photos you are an excellent candidate for a breast lift with implants. Breast implants are fillers to give you more volume, while the breast lift will reshape your breast for a pretty look. Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Tricky

+1
You need to consult with a PS who can show you examples of one stage mastopexy implant and also breast augmentation only in cases similar to you and show you long term results. There are pros and cons of each and you need to make the informed decision of ho to proceed. Both could give you a result you are happy with. For breast augmentation alone you would been an anatomical implant with high projection to fill the breast. Probably best under the muscle / dual plane. The downside of BBA only is that you have asymmetry and the areola is low. If you want to be more symmetrical and have areolas that sit significantly higher on the chest then you will need a one stage mastopexy implant. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon