I Had Breast Lift and Implants 9 Days Ago, Weird Sensations on my Skin, Is This Normal?

My doctor told me that the nipple might puff up like a cold sore and after that it may have a lighter color , will this be permanent? One nipple is much darker and I also have a weird sensation on my other breast although it looks ok , when I touch the skin is very sensitive, it is very similar when you have a sunburn and you touch the burned area. When I lay down I feel some pain (like a bruise) to the side of my breast. One breast also feels a little bit tougher. Is all this normal? What should I expect 9 days post op? 

Bizarre sensations of the skin for several weeks after breast augmentation are reported.

+1

A healing area after surgery is swollen causing the nerves to respond unusually to different stimuli. This may result in unusual sensations until the swelling subsides.

Early changes after a breast augmentation / breast lift

+1

All of the symptoms that you have described will resolve with time.  The hypersensitivity of the nipple area is very common.  This is called a dyesthesia.  Gentle massage of the area is beneficial. 

Expect "weird sensations" to improve with time

+1

9 days following your breast augmentation, you will still have various sensation changes and discomfort, as well as some bruising. All of these symptoms and physical changes will continue to improve in time. If you still have questions or worsening symptoms, contact your plastic surgeon to address your concerns. Thank you for sharing your question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

9 days post-op after augmentation

+1

Without an exam in person it is really difficult to say what is causing this pain. Pain can be many things from hematoma, infection, normal post-op, nerve issues, etc.. Best to be seen in person.

Change In Sensation After Lift and Implants

+1

First, call your doctor and make him aware of your concerns.  You have just undergone a procedure that results in both cutting and stretching nerves.  Over the next 6-12 months you may have sensations ranging from numbness to intense pain.  Your sensation may be different in your right and left breast.  Your sensation may be different in different areas of each breast.  Usually all these unusual sensations resolve, but a permanent change in sensation is possible.  Try to relax and realize that most patients have a return of normal sensation with time.

Richard P. Glunk, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon