I Had a Breast Lift and Implant Done 13 Days Ago. My Left Breast is Turning Black and Hard Scab Around It? (photo)

The right breast is looking really good and normal. Im very concerned what is going on with my left nipple! I took a shower and on top of the nipple a little bit of dark came off and it was pink and bleed a little. But the park that really scares me is where the black hard scab is around part of it. Will I loose it? Is there any hope by the looks of it in this picture? My doctor said there's nothing that can really be done right now and not to be to alarmed and that I should allow time to heal it.

Dark areola

+1

You have some superficial skin loss of your areola.  While uncommon, this can happen after your kind of surgery.  This will likely heal without any major issues.  Hypopigmentation of the areola can occur, but this can be fixed fairly easily with areolar tattooing.  Sometimes a scar revision is needed.  Please see your surgeon immediately so he or she can help you take care of your issue.

Thank you for your question and best of luck with your recovery.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

I Had a Breast Lift and Implant Done 13 Days Ago. My Left Breast is Turning Black and Hard Scab Around It

+1

It appears that you are having some superficial loss of tissue with a scab present. This will usually heal with local care.  Followup with your surgeon.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Scab after surgery?

+1

It's hard to tell from the photo for sure but I would suspect your body is healing under the scab.  Follow your surgeons advice and the area will hopefully continue to improve and be healed in a few weeks.  Eat a balanced diet, don't smoke, and take it easy as you recover.  Best.  Dr K

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Healing after Breast lift and Implant

+1

Keep in close follow up with your surgeon. Make sure you get plenty of protein and take vitamins with iron or iron pills to help heal faster and as well as possible. Stay away from cigarettes and second hand cigarette smoke. There are some topical creams which can help with the healing.

Michael Horn, MD

Should be okay.

+1

There is a little delayed healing due to impaired circulation to the nipple area.  Although I can't say for sure based on your pictures, I think that there is cause for optimism that you will go on to heal.  It is very important to be followed closely by your plastic surgeon can to keep him or her update about any changes.  Also, it is critically important that you do not smoke.  If you have the smoking, quit immediately.  Best wishes.

George H. Landis, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Left Breast Blackness and Concern after Breast Implant and Lift

+1

These areas appear to be superficial, and this is suggested by the pink nature of the areola at 2 weeks.  The other area is probably partial thickness as well, and this area probably will heal well without incident.   There is nothing more to be done other than continue with your appointments with your plastic surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes,  MD Los Angeles, CA

Nipple issue

+1

I think that you should follow closely with your surgeon at this point. A lift and implant procedure adds dynamics that can lead to healing issues sometimes.

Scab on Areola

+1

It appears you had a mastopexy and augmentation. I would keep your surgeon advised of your progress. Situations like yours typically go on to heal well.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Breast augmentation and mastopexy skin changes

+1

This doesn't look good to you, but it does not appear to be as bad as it may seem. The area of concern is likely only a superficial area of ischemia (inadequate blood flow) that will likely heal with just time. With that being said, there is always a possibility it could be worse and close follow up with your surgeon is very important. Let him/her know if there is every any type of drainage or spreading redness that would indicate an infection.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

My Left Breast is Turning Black and Hard Scab Around It

+1

It looks like there has been some tissue loss that is probably only partial thickness along the areola. Best treatment is keeping the healing area moist with antibiotic ointment or medicated gauze, such as xerofrom. 

Chances are high that this will heal in a satisfactory manner without any surgical intervention. The tissue under the scab will heal and the scab will fall off. 

Follow closely with your surgeon Best wishes.