Breast Lift and One Breast Still Saggy What Exactly is "In-Office Tweaking"?

Had a breast lift 3 weeks ago and there is some access skin still sagging on my left breast he said that he will look at it 3months and discuss tweaking in office, what exactly does in office tweaking consist of? Will he be able to cut and stitch me up again in office? also my nipple is horribly wrong it look heart shaped!

Tweaking

+1

This may refer to a scar revision, but not knowing your surgeon or seeing your problems....simply can not tell you what would be involved.

What is exactly does a Surgeon mean by an in office "Tweakng"

+1

I am guessing that your surgeon is outing that with time and proper healing he can use a smaller, touch up surgical procedure in the office under local Anesthesia to refine the ultimate surgical outcome. 

Scar revision

+1

Thanks for your question, however without a picture it is hard to answer your question.   Minor scar revision is possible under local in the office.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Scar revision

+1

Tweaking to me sounds like minor skin excision or scar revision. You should ask you surgeon exactly what he has in mind.

Revising a breast lift in the office.

+1

While every attempt is made to give an equal and symmetrical result after a breast lift occasionally there are some areas which need small revisions after the healing is done and the tissues soften and mature.  This can usually be done in the office with a small amount of local anesthesia, where the excess skin is removed and tightened to improve the end result.  Ask your surgeon if this is what they mean by "tweaking"

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Revisionary Breast Lifting?

+1

Your plastic surgeon is likely talking about “minor” revisionary surgery to improve your results of surgery;   in order to know more precisely what he is referring to you will need to ask him.  Often, “minor” revisionary surgery can be done under local anesthesia.

Tweaking after plastic surgery??

+1

There is no way to know what this means to your doctor so you should ask them to be much more specific about exactly what they would do if you were not satisfied at the 3 monthj point.  Tweaking means nothing really in terms of your understanding the process.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS