How Much Can I Expect to Loose in Size from the Lift Alone and What Cc Do You Recommend? (photo)

Breast Lift and BA in Early October. I am a 36B and am having a breast lift and augmentation in early October. I am 5'11 and 145 pounds. I would like to end up about the same size (the way I look in my bra) I am now, after surgery. How much does the average person loose in cup size after the lift? I'm a grade 3. I have decided on a silicone implant under muscle but am having a hard time picking a CC. I feel like a 240 or 270 would keep me close to what I am now and fit my body type. Any feedback would be great!

The 240 or 270cc Implant Will Keep Your Breast Size after Breast Lift

+4

Thank you for your question.  The breast lift is a simple skin removal and elevation of the nipple and really should not remove any of your gland tissue.  However after the lift I have found that a breast implant is still required to create a firm pre pregnancy breast appearance.

From your photos and question I believe the 240 cc or 270 cc implant which you have already discussed with your surgeon sounds like an ideal size to give you fullness and firmness but not to make you have appear to large.

Of course it is most important that you follow the advice of your surgeon.

Breast Lift , #cosmeticsurgery

+1

Dear Vivi02

Thank you very much for your question!  Breast tissue may not be removed with you lift -BUT- the lift gives the illusion that the breast is smaller.  A moderate size implant - 150 to 200 cc should give you a good result.

With Warm Regards

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

New lift technique without size reduction

+1

Since you are happy with the size of your breasts in a bra now, you would benefit from a new procedure called The Ultimate Breast Lift.  This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions, reshapes your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevates them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection without the use of implants.  This technique maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D. 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast size change with an augmentation and lift

+1

Your breast size will not change at all with the breast lift as only skin is to be removed.  Then you are adding volume with the breast augmentation.  So in total you should go up about one cup size with the implants you have selected.  

Breast lift and augmentation

+1

You definitely need the lift.  The implant size you have chosen should leave you in the c-cup range.  You cannot always go by bra size since it varys from store to store and patient chest size.  The volume you are looking will give the upper pole fullness you need.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

How Much Can I Expect to Loose in Size from the Lift Alone and What Cc Do You Recommend?

+1

Based upon the posted photos I agree that a small implant in the range you post with the lift is a good option.//

Breast lift and augmentation

+1

As you probably know, doing a mastopexy and augmentation on the same day is a bit tricky.  Some surgeons do them on separate days (usually 2 months apart).  I typically do them together by doing the mastopexy first and then putting in the implants through the underarm approach.  By putting in the implants second, your chance at symmetry would be much better (since your left breast is currently larger).  If the surgeon puts the implants in first, then he or she is just making a rough guess as to the sizes that will be needed for symmetry.  In addition, if the implants are put in first, then it's harder to close the skin over the larger breast.  This can cause the stitches to tear through the skin which would lead to a weak repair and wound breakdown or wide scarring.  240-270cc sounds about right for the size you indicated.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift versus Breast Lift with Augmentation

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.   In addition to your size and shape concerns, I do see some asymmetry in size between your breasts.    I would therefore recommend a breast augmentation with lift to correct your size, shape, and asymmetry.

In terms of 240 vs 270cc, I would leave this in the trust of your surgeon.   Once the breast pocket has been dissected, the surgeon can place implant sizers to determine which implant will offer the best size and shape with your breast lift.   

I think you will achieve a very nice result with this operative plan.  I wish you a safe recovery and wonderful result!!

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant size

+1

I think you are the right track. The difference in the implants is about one ounce of fluid so not an issue. A mastopexy with sub-muscular silicone implants should do the trick to give you what you are looking for. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

+1

Many thanks for the question.If the size must remain what you have now why at all an augmentation or an Implant. May be just 100 cc to keep your lift centralized. I am not sure if this answer is an help or bringing in more confusion. Wish you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon