Weight Lost Pots Breast Lift and Augmentation, What Can I Do About Different Look of my Breasts?

I had a breast lift and augmentation less than a year ago. Before doing the surgery i asked the doctor if loosing weight would have an effect on the surgery.I was told by him as long as i wasnt loosing more than 20 or 30 lbs i should not have a problem.Well i went through with the surgery and was so happy after.Well i started loosing weight and i have lost about 18 lbs.They are now saggy,my nipples are not the same size and there is a cup difference now. what do i do? I have no money to fix them

Revision Breast Augmentation/Breast lifting

+2

Thank you for the question.  Congratulations on your weight loss!

Unfortunately,  the only “solution” to the changes your breasts have experienced after weight loss,  is further surgery which will likely include additional tightening of the skin envelope (further breast lifting, improvement of the areola symmetry and potentially use of different implants  to achieve symmetry.

It sounds like you may have lost some confidence in your surgeon's  pre-operative advice. This is unfortunate given that he/she would likely be willing to work with you (from a financial standpoint) since you had your operation relatively recently.

Please make sure that when the time is right you seek consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Breast changes following weight loss.

+1

Many women find that weight loss seems to disproportionately affect their breast size more than anything else. It sounds as though this is also the case for you. Although congratulations are in order for losing the weight, this can be very distressing after you have already gone through a surgery to correct the appearance of your breasts. To correct the laxity that has occurred depends upon the degree of laxity that is present. In some cases, a minor procedure in the office can suffice whereas at other times, it may require new implants and a revision mastopexy. My best advice to you is to contact your plastic surgeon to schedule an appointment and to see what your options are for correction.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augementation - Weight Lost Pots Breast Lift and Augmentation, What Can I Do About Different Look of my Breasts?

+1

Unfortunately, I cannot think of a non-surgical solution to what you're describing.  It sounds like a revision of the lift, along with larger implants, will give you the result you're looking for and it is, of course, completely understandable that you would want to have this done.  However, I do not know of a simple way to do at this point.  I would suggest that you speak with your PS to see if some sort of allowance can be made since it is a secondary procedure, but each surgeon has his or her own policy regarding situations such as these and I don't think that you can necessarily assume it will be addressed without incurring additional costs.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breasts after weight loss

+1

I would go back to your original doctor and see what he can do.Thesagging may just need a little skin excision or one nipple may need to be elevated a little.I would first though get to the weight you want to be and maintain it for a while.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss after augment/pexy

+1
It is always difficult to ascertain the effect of weight loss, which is why I recommend that paitents reach and maintain a stable weight for at least six months before cosmetic surgery. If you have recently lost the weit, keep in mind that your skin may snap back a little. I agree with others that it may be possible to have a small skin lift procedure under local anesthesia at this time and would encourage you to return to your plastic surgeon who is most likely to price this conservatively.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

A small revision breasts lift can be done under local

+1

Discuss this with your plastic surgeon as he/she may be able to offer a revision lift under local anesthesia for a small fee.  Some laxity return should always be expected after surgery but this should not be dramatic.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast augmentation together with breast lift

+1

Without more details it is impossible to answer your post though it sounds like you will need another surgery. We need to know what you looked like before, the pattern of skin removal, the size and position of the implants, what you currently look like etc. It is within the realm of possibility that you have large implants that contributed to sagging and drooping as much or more than the weight loss. The best equipped person to help you is your original surgeon. Give her/him a chance before you write them off. Also he/she will be your most economical option.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Weight loss after breast lift and augmentation

+1

i agree that the only solution at this time would be to do additional tightening of the skin.

fortunately, its possible to do this with local anaesthesia in the office which will decrease the costs

talk to your doctor

Decrease in size

+1

It may be wise to see your initial surgeon again. I would agree in general that 10% of your body weight fluctuations do not affect cup size and breast position. It may not be so much bad advice as bad luck. Keep in mind also that alot changes with the result in the first 6 months even when a patient's weight do not change. It may be related to that rather then losing weight

Michael Hueneke, MD