Do I Need a Breast Lift with Anchor Scar? (photo)

I recently had a consult for a breast lift with an augmentation. I am 34 years old, 135lbs and 5'2. I have three kids. I was told I needed a breast lift with the anchor scar, is this required or can I get away with just the lollipop scar? Also, the quote for the procedure was nearly $11K including saline implants, is this reasonable for what would be expected in my procedure?

Breast lift or augmentation

+1
I would recommend a breast lift on both sides without an implant.  You already have substantial breast size, and a lift will make your breasts appear larger.  The costs will go up with implants, and you may not need them.

+1
I would recommend a superomedial pedicle, anchor scar mastopexy without an implant. This will provide maximum lifting and tightening of the breast tissue and address the asymmetry. If you limited the scar to the vertical only, I would predict dog-ear issues that would lead to revision. I would also submit that you might be happy with the mastopexy alone without implants. Having said that, if you wanted more volume after the lift, then augmentation could easily be done in a staged approach with predictable results.

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need a Breast Lift with Anchor Scar?

+1

A breast augmentation with a full breast lift would produce the best looking breasts for your anatomy.  The fee is a bit high but not unreasonable.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Longer Incision Most Likely Needed

+1

Thank you for your photographs.  Based on your picture you will need an anchor incision but I wonder if you need implants.  These decisions are based more accurately on a physical exam.  The cost of procedures varies geographically and with the surgeon's experience.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Best Breast Operation for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Yes, you will benefit from a full breast lift ( in my practice this would likely involve vertical and horizontal incisions) and breast augmentation surgery.  There is a lot to learn about this combination procedure and I would encourage you to take your time and do your due diligence. Learn about the potential risk/comp occasions associated with this combination procedure…

Most patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations at the right time of their lives  psychosocially) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do in the field of plastic surgery.

The quoted fees are in the “ballpark”.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more about the procedure, as well as the potential risk/complications associated with the procedure.

+1

Based upon the posted photos I would say YES to full mastopexy (kift). Fees are hard to determine but sounds a little higher than average charges. In MIami fee average at $9,000. 

Breast lift and augmentation

+1

HI,

You definitely need a lift,.Probably an inverted "T" ( anchor lift) is the best choice, though a pure lollipop may be all that is necessary depending on the size of the implant. To be honest, though, you don't look as if you absolutely need an implant at all. An agressive lift might be sufficient for you (at least based on your photos). I wouldn't worry too much about the horizontal extension of the lift scar. It is typically hidden in the breast crease and not very visible. My cost for this kind of surgery would be around $9000-10,000 (if an implant is used)-this includes anesthesia, surgeon and facility fee).

Regards,

Daniel Medalie, MD

Daniel A. Medalie, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

It is difficult to answer your question without examining you.

+1

You would most likely need a lolly-pop scar with a short extension in the fold.  The fee for the surgery including implants would be somewhere between $9000-10,000.  

Leila Kasrai, MD, FRCSC

Type of breast lift

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos. I agree that you need a breast lift but I believe you are also a candidate for both the vertical (lollipop) or the anchor technique. 

Best of luck...

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Breast lift

+1

It is possible that you may need a breast lift with an anchor scar or a vertical lift could be possible.  Hard to say from just the photos.