How Soon After Giving Birth Can I Get a Breast Lift?

I have no plans to breastfeed and won't be having another pregnancy.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Depends on weight loss

+1

Breast size often changes with pregnancy.  Therefore, you'll have to wait until you are back to your prepregnancy size or to the weight that you are happy with.  Having the lift done before you have achieved your ideal weight will leave you with less than a perfect result.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

At least 6 months after birth

+2

Wait at least 6 months before having the procedure. If by chance you do breast feed, wait until 6 months after you finish breast feeding to allow the breast to settle down. A breast lift after pregnancy is very common, can be performed safely and if you desire a bit more fullness, an augmentation can be performed at the same time.

Good luck and congrats!

Dr. Salemy

Web reference: http://www.drsalemy.com

Wait 6 months

+2

It is good to wait at least 6 months for the tissues to fully recover and for your life to settle after the birth of a child.  At that point, it would be fine to proceed.  Just pick a plastic surgeon who is a great sculptor of the breasts as not all are equal.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Timing of breast lift after pregnancy

+2

The period after pregnancy in which the body is still under the influence of increased female hormones is called the puerperal period. This can last from 3 to 6 mos. and can have significant effects on the breast. I advise my patients to wait.until it is over.

Bronx Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift after childbirth

+2

3-6 months after breast feeding is done, or when the breasts fully stabilize, is a reasonable time period in my opinion.

It isn't wise to operate on a "moving target". It would be unfortunate to design a wonderful surgery, only to see the breasts continue to deflate afterwards and give a suboptimal result. So if the breasts are actively still diminishing in size, it is best to wait until they have stabilized completely.

Web reference: http://drbrent.com/breastlift.php

Breast Lift Timing after Pregnancy

+2

Hi there-

Because the hormonal changes of pregnancy affect the breast glands for some time after delivery, and because the skin of the breasts will take time to contract after the natural engorgement subsides, it would be in your best interests to wait at least 3-6 months after delivery to have your surgery.

Also, be sure you don't want to have more babies, as further pregnancy will likely cause you to lose much of the benefit of the lift and require a touch up of the operation.

Congratulations on your baby!

Wait 6 Months Before Undergoing Surgery Following Giving Birth

+1
You should wait approximately six months after delivery to have any type of elective invasive breast surgery.It often takes this long for all of the hormonal changes associated with pregnancy to resolve.If you breast feed, you should wait at least three months from the time lactation stops before you undergo this type of procedure.
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast surgery post

+1

After pregnancy, the breasts change significantly. If you have made the decision to not breastfeed and do not plan on other pregnancies, I recommend waiting atleast 6 months or until you are done lactating to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon regarding a breast lift. You may want implants to achieve more volume or perkiness as well. If that is the case, your surgeon will let you know if you are a candidate for both procedures to be done at one time. I suggest bringing in photos of what look you would like to achieve that would be very helpful to your surgeon. Good luck and take care!

Wait 4 to 6 months after breast-feeding before breast surgery

+1

After pregnancy and breast-feeding, a woman's body has undergone significant changes. You are best served by waiting 4 to 6 months after pregnancy or after breast-feeding before considering a breast surgery. This amount of time will allow you to fully enjoy your baby and let your body recover from the significant changes from pregnancy. This will also help you get long-lasting results as the surgery is performed at your final body shape and not while your body is in transition

Wait for breast lift after pregnancy

+1

I would wait at least 6 months to a year after a pregnancy before underoing surgery to lift your breasts.  You would like to have your weight down to your ideal pre-pregnancy size before having it done.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.