Hi will I need a breast lift after explanation?

Hi I am 5'4 135 lbs at age 19 I had 250cc saline implants put in above muscle I was 34b and implants put me at 34d it's not been just over ten years and two kids .. What are the chances of me getting my implants taken out with out getting a lift?

Breast lift after explantation of breast implants

+1
Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to answer without a photograph for examination.  However your saline implants can be deflated while in place and you will have the chance to evaluate whether a breast lift is needed.  Please consult a plastic surgeon who is board certified and an expert in cosmetic breast surgery.

Lift after explant?

+1
If you're no longer desiring your volume from your implants, find a local surgeon who can intentionally deflate your implants for you.  This should cost very little and in my practice, no more than a consultation fee.  If you don't like the results after a few months, then seek a surgeon to have a lift.  If you're fine, you can leave your deflated implants in place as long as they are not causing any problems such as pointing in your skin or causing inflammation.

Curtis Wong, MD

Explant with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+1
After implants are removed, the excess skin will contract in time. It is unpredictable whether this will be satisfactory to you. An alternative is to ruptured the implants and wait several months to see if you are satisfied with the skin tone after that. If you feel the skin tone is inadequate, then at the time of removal of the implants, you will require a simultaneous lift. I recommend a new technique called Explant with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to resect the excess skin, reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Hi will I need a breast lift after explantation?

+1
    This is very difficult to answer without pictures or an exam.   If there is a chance of avoiding the lift, the implants can be removed and a waiting period can be observed.

Will I need a breast lift after explantation?

+1
It is very hard to determine whether you would need a lift after explantation surgery.  But there is one technique that could be used that can help to determine whether you need a lift.  I have used his technique in the past very successfully.  This technique is performed only if you are certain that you want to undergo explantation surgery. Approximately 2-3 weeks prior to your scheduled surgery the plastic surgeon can deflate the saline implants in the office under sterile conditions, and in the ensuing 2-3 weeks  the breast will slightly tighten and lift up, and can give both you and your plastic surgeon and idea of what you would looks like with explantation alone. But this procedure needs to be discussed in detail with your plastic surgeon to see if it is a viable option.  Good luck!

Usha Rajagopal, MD

Breast

+1

To best help you, a physical examination or picture evaluation would be necessary in order to determine which procedure and technique would be best for your case.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD

Breast lift after explantation

+1
It is impossible to give you an honest answer without a complete face-to-face consultation. Often implants cause atrophy to the surrounding soft tissues, including the ribs although less so when on top of the muscle. Explantation may therefore produce quite significant "deformity' to the size and shape of the breast that is compounded by the aging and post-partum changes. Your surgeon should discuss this possibility and your tolerance for such a "deformity" in the face of potential scars to correct the "deformity". Most surgeons will have you sign an informed consent outlining the possible consequences of explantation, including psychological effects such as depression.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Will I need a breast lift if implants are removed?

+1
Thank you for your question.  This is a very common question but one that can only be answered with an in-person consultation and examination.  Many women will require a lift after removal of implants, but this is truly a case by case situation, depending on the shape and characteristics of your breast.  Best to seek the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon who can help guide you in this process.
Best of luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Implant removal and no lift?

+1
Without an exam, it is difficult to tell you whether or not you need a lift. If you are borderline or have very little soft tissue coverage, then it is often better to allow the breasts to settle down and re-evaluate when the swelling has subsided.

Breast lift after explantation.

+1
A common scenario and a good question. unfortunately it is not possible to answer your question with out a clinical examination. 
Your case is definitely one for a specialist plastic and reconstructive surgeon/Board certified plastic surgeon. I would recommend you see a plastic surgeon in your  area who will go through your options and be able to advise you.
Good luck.

Vijith Vijayasekaran, MBBS, FRACS
Perth Plastic Surgeon