Breast Lift After Augmentation Recommended For Sagging Post Op? (photo)

after having had my breast enlargement 5 months ago, unfortunately my left breast is slightly more sagging than my right breast, since i had very small breasts before this asymmetric appearance was not noticeable before. so i am thinking about having a breast lift done on my left breast. what procedures would this implicate, gravity of surgery and recovery time, pain level. or would it be best to have a lift done on both breasts for achieving the optimum result?

Improving Breast Symmetry after previous Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

The breast asymmetry that you are referring to is obvious in your pictures. Some degree of breast lifting  will help improve the symmetry. It is not clear to me (based on your pictures alone) what type of breast lift and will be necessary. Physical examination and a full communication of goals, options, and the potential risks/complications associated with each option will be necessary.

Post Op Sagging Of Breasts

+2

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your photos. The asymmetry is shown and obvious but you could benefit from a Benelli lift in both breasts for optimal results.

I encourage you talk to your surgeon about it since he/she knows the full details of your surgery.

Nonetheless, you are at 5 months post surgery and so you are almost there in terms of time and recovery to be able to undergo a secondary surgery.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Hello

+2

From your pictures it is obvious that you have a difference in sag in your breasts. Its not to noticeable. You should talk to your PS and maybe doing a Minimal lift( peri lift) a donut lift just around your areola on both breasts so you get optimum results.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Capsulloraphy (breast pocket tightening) vs breast lift

+1

A breast lift is designed to lift the breast just as the name implies.  From your description and your photo it appears that one of your implants is sitting lower on your chest than the other.  To correct this you would undergo something called a capsulloraphy which is tightening or repair of the breast implant capsule.  I suspect this is all that you need.  To accomplish this your previous incision  would be used to suture the breast capsule and no additional incision would be needed.  I have provided a before and after link with an extreme version of this from one of my patients.  She also had a breast lift but that is because the incisions were already there.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Type of breast lift after augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. Your five months photos does show difference between the two breasts. A lift will give you more symmetry. The type of lift you need depends on the examination findings. You may need an anchor lift to achieve symmetry.

My advice for you is to wait for 2-3 more months to allow the implants to settle and then you can have the surgery. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Breast Lift after Augmentation

+1

You may be a candidate for a periareolar mastopexy (circular scar around the areola) or a vertical mastopexy (circular scar around the areola and a small vertical scar below).  Both are outpatient procedures and associated with very little discomfort.  This certainly requires an exam by your Plastic Surgeon to know for sure.

Jarrod Little, MD

Breast Lift?

+1

Based on your photo, it appears you have an asymmetry with respect to the sagging (degree of ptosis).  Please talk to your PS.  A limited scar breast lift might just do the trick to achieve better symmetry.  Good luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS