Will a Breast Lift Help Me Achieve a Better Shape?

i'm 18, i feel that my nipples are too low. i wish my breast were perkier. i think there is plenty of volume in my breast, i just don't like the fact that my nipples point to the ground. will a breast lift help me achieve a better shape?

Breast Lifting Candidate at 18?

+1

Although you are a candidate for breast lifting/reduction surgery, there are many things to consider at your age especially.

Breast lifting procedures are associated with scars on the breasts;  exactly where these scars will be located will depend on the patient's physical examination and specific procedure performed.   Ideally it is best to do this procedure when you completed pregnancies and are a long-term stable relationship.

Most patients undergoing this procedure at the right time in their lives will accept scarring as long as their overall goals in regards to size, shape, contour and symmetry are met. 

In person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be the best place to start.  As you do your “homework” you will learn about the potential risks/complications.  Again, consider issues such as timing of the surgery in relation to your life circumstances ( such as relationships and/or pregnancies). 

Make sure you do your due diligence and see lots of examples of the plastic surgeons'  work.

Breast lift

+1

You certainly are a candidate for a breast lift.  But like the other doctors mentioned, you may want a small reduction to adjust volume discrepancies. However, just to perform a lift at your age may be a bit too much because they will change as well with pregnancy when and if  you decide to have children.

Breast lift to achieve better shape

+1

Based on your photographs, I believe the best operation for you would be a small reduction in the size of your breast with a breast lift or mastopexy. If you're unwilling to decrease the volume of your breast slightly (i.e., drop a half or full cup size) then you may to have to use an implant to keep the volume of your breast at the level you want. Meet with a board certified plastic surgeon who can take your specific anatomy into account and work with you to help you best meet your goals.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

An uplifting experience

+1

Breast can correct the position of the nipple/areola.  It does appear that you have plenty of volume.  In order to achieve your desired result you may have to have a small reduction which lifts your breasts.  There are a couple of things you should consider because of your age:

1.  you must trade an improve breast shape for incisions on your breast.

2.  the operation may affect the sensation to the nipple and or the ability to breast feed.

3.  You may decide at some point to have a family,  pregnancy definitely affects the breast shape.

You really need to visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon to go over all the pros and cons of this procedure,

Good Luck

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast lift help me achieve a better shape

+1

The easy answer is YES! But at your age of 18 I think you should reconsider the risk/benefit ratio of a very slightly better shape for the scars!!!

From MIAMI Dr. B

Breast lift works to raise nipples.

+1

Hi.

1)   First of all make sure your breasts are not still growing.

2)   A vertical breast lift (Lejour technique, lollipop scars) will greatly improve your shape.  The key is to shape and lift the breasts from the inside, and not rely on pulling the skin, because skin stretches.

3) You do not need "anchor" scars.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast lift to improve shape

+1

To perk up a drooping breast, your surgeon will remove excess skin, reposition the nipple, and redrape and tighten the remaining skin to support the breast. The areola may also be reduced in size. A mastopexy (breast lift) raises droopy breasts from one to several inches and excess skin is removed. If you're sagging or asymmetrical, and are looking for perkiness, you'll need a lift--or, if you also want more volume, a lift and implants.

When women with saggy breasts want to go bigger, I usually advise doing a breast lift along with the implants. Otherwise, the implants create what we call a “double bubble,” where the breast droops off the end of the implant like a sock. Some of my patients, however, don’t want a lift because they want to avoid additional scarring, so sometimes implants alone can fill out the skin and eliminate the saggy appearance.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Breast lift at 18 years of age

+1

I agree with Dr. Rand. A lift will achieve a better overall profile and shape. However, the tradeoff will be the scars and the likelihood of recurrent sagging with weight gain/loss, pregnancy, aging, and hormonal changes.

Breast lifts for better shape

+1

Yes, a breast lift will give you a better shape but at 18 you might have a problem with the scars. Perhaps waiting until after you are done having kids would be better unless they really are a huge issue now. Remember that scars are forever, something some 18 year-olds don't realize.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS