Breast Lift 5yrs Ago and One Never Dropped? (photo)

I had a breast lift with implants 5years ago and I was told that the left breast would drop and they would match. It never happened and I now have 2 different breasts and I can't where a bathing suit top or tube top because it pulls down on one side.

Breast lift never dropped

+3

If a breast augmentation doesn't drop over several months it means that the implant pocket needs to be lowered with a revision surgery. This is usually straightforward and doesn't involve much surgery time, pain or downtime. I hope this helps you.

Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift 5yrs Ago and One Never Dropped?

+2

Based only on the photos, the left breast actually looks like the better of the two, and the right one looks too low. There is more skin showing on the lower part of the right breast. 

I would suggest a lift on the right side to remove the excess skin, and to elevate that implant. 

You might think about revising the left areolar size at the same time.

All the best. Thanks for your question and for these photos. 

Won't drop after 5 years

+2

Thanks for your question and photos. After 5 years your implant will not drop. Without seeing your preoperative picture it is hard to comment. It looks like you had a short scar lift along with the implants. Your incisions have healed well. I do see the asymmetry. I'm not sure what size the implants are but they look big and this definitely magnifies the problem. At this point consideration would have to be given to trying to lower the left side or perhaps even tightening the pocket on the right. If the implant is large and heavy then it may be difficult to maintain the position. Hopefully you have an experienced Board certified PS in your area that can assist you in your options once they have examined you. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Breast lift never dropped

+1

It’s very difficult to definitively answer your question without seeing you, or at the very least seeing a photo; however, you really must speak with your plastic surgeon about this, as corrections can be made. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry after lift and implants

+1

It looks like from your photos that the right one is a bit low, and may need to be revised to better match the left one.

#BreastImplant Never Dropped

+1

From your photos, it appears that you might have some asymmetry or the right implant is slightly lower than ideal. Without pre-op photos it is impossible to tell. The best solution is to speak with your original surgeon, but the overall discrepancy is subtle overall.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Breast did not drop

+1

It appears from your photo that the right implant may be bottoming out and that would give the appearance that the left implant did not fully drop.  See a surgeon for evaluation and the best course to pursue to improve the symmetry.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Board Certified Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Implants not dropping

+1

If your implants have not dropped in five years then they probably will not drop.  It takes about a year to a year and a half for tissue to fully mature following surgery.  After that, there will be little if any change resulting from the surgery.  You will probably need some kind of secondary surgery to correct your situation.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Breast Augmentation and Lift Revision

+1

I would revise the right side to bring the implant higher and remove additional skin at the IMF.  I would also reduce the left areola.  Find the plastic surgeon with the BEST credentials to perform the revision.