Do I Need a Breast Lift? 25 Y.o No Kids (photo)

Hello! I'm wondering if I need breast lifting or I d better think about it after I have kids. I'm only 25 y.o and I know I have sagging but is it really bad?

Lift

+1

You can have improvement of your breast shape with a lift. You have to balance this with the scars that are permanent and unpredictable

For your size, you're just right!

+1

Today, given the size of your breast from the pics you've posted, your breast is in the "right place" for your size.  For real breasts, the larger the breast, the more it "hangs."  I'm conservative, so if you are planning to have kids soon, have your kids and then do something with your breasts.  Pregnancy is very unpredictable in it's affect on the breast, but I would guess that you may lose some volume and "deflate."  If so, you will most likely need a lift in the future and possibly an implant, but enjoy what you have for now.  Remember that the fullness that you have in the upper part of your breast right now can only be replaced in the future with an implant if you lose it with the pregnancy.  You can't rely on the lift to give it back.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Yes, you may be a good candidate for breast lifting surgery.  As you know,  one of the the downsides  associated with breast lifting surgery are the resulting scars.  These scars may be especially troublesome ( for an example from the psychosocial standpoint) for young patients.

Most patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations at the right time of their lives  psychosocially) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do in the field of plastic surgery.

Breast lift?

+1

For a perkier looking breast, I would say that you probably would need a breast lift procedure.  The trade-off is that this would involve scars on the breasts which most 25 year old females don't want if they can avoid them.  Furthermore, if you are planning kids in the future then all bets are off.  Your breast tissue will change with a pregnancy and no one can predict what they might look like afterwards.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Do I Need a Breast Lift?

+1

Thank you for your question and for the photos. The photos are a bit puzzling, since the breasts appear low on the frontal view, but not on the side view. Standard breast photos that surgeons use would have arms at the sides, because elevating them will distort the breast appearance. Posting additional photos would help, but far better still would be a consultation with a plastic surgeon. 

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

To Lift or Not to Lift, That is the Question

+1

Thank you for your question.  Your breasts have settled a bit, but they are still attractive and have fullness.  A lift would likely require several scars on each breast.  You would have to see if you felt it was worth it to have higher breasts with scars or your natural breasts.  Likely, you will be a really good candidate after children.  If it really bothers you, consider a few consultations with good plastic surgeons in your area.  You can also take a look at the scars and shape improvements by viewing my breast lift website.  Best wishes!

Stephen Bresnick, MD

Do I need Breast Lift?

+1

Based on your photos, you are a good candidate for a breast lift.  Your nipples seem to be in good position, but your breast are sagging.  Since you are unsure, make an appointment with a Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation to discuss your concerns and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Do I Need A Breast Lift? 25 Years Old, No Kids

+1

Everyone has their own aesthetic judgment, and you seem to be concerned because the breast is a bit lower on the chest wall than you would like. Certainly you could remove some of the upper breast skin and move the breast up, but there are trade-offs, scars that would at the least go around the areola, probably vertically down the center of the breast and possibly in the crease.

If surgery were as easy as using Photoshop, then you could say that lifting your  breasts up a little would look more perky or aesthetic.

But look at your breasts from the side, they do not look saggy at all, the areola are straight ahead and are at a level above the inframammary fold. From this view you do not look like a breast lift would improve the aesthetics at all.

You are young, and you may have changes after having kids and nursing that would tip the trade-off balance toward having the lift.  Right now I would say no, you don't "need" a lift.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Would not recommend

+1

Given the fact that your 25 with no kids, I would not recommend the scars that are associated with a breast lift. You have very natural breasts and from the side profile, it appears you do not need a lift. I would recommend doing nothing and waiting until you are done with kids to spend the money on possibly a lift with maybe an implant.

Patrick Hsu, MD, FACS

Lift or not

+1

Your side view shows the nipple sitting in a good position but the front view looks different.  If you are going to have babies soon, then I would probably put it off until you are done. If you are unsure or want an evaluation, then I recommend going in for a consultation.