What Options do I Have for a Breast Lift after Breast Feeding? (photo)

I am 135lb, age 28, 5'3". I am considering a breast lift. I am Currently a 34D, and with a bra on...the girls look great. Nude, not so much. I feel gross. I had my son 10 years ago, and nursed him. I will not be having any more children. I am in the process of losing the last of the weight to get to a more healthy place...but my breasts have suffered tremendously. I do not want them any bigger, or smaller. They are the perfect size for my body shape (wide hips and curvy posterior). Any thoughts or opinions?

Breast lift following breast feeding

+1

If you are pleased with the present volume of your breast you could consider a breast lift (either lollipop or anchor type) without an implant.  If you desire more upper pole fullness, then a small implant could be used as well.  The lollipop breast lift will result in fewer scars, however the standard anchor type will result in more lift.  Check with a local board certified plastic surgeon to help you determine which approach would be best in helping you achieve your goals.  Best  wishes.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift after breast-feeding

+1

A breast lift without implants is the best procedure for you.. If you like the size you are in a bra then a breast lift is a procedure for you. Your own tissue is much better than implant. Implants have a lifespan and probably will not last a lifetime. Your own tissue once it's healed will last a lifetime.

When mastopexys been done correctly you can create cleavage and shape with your own breast tissue. If you shake the breast tissue like an implant the result will look like an implant. In my opinion short scar lives are better procedures because they produce less scar, more projecting breast and have a longer longevity. Some people believe he can make cleavage without an implant but that's not true. You're always better off using your own tissue in the long run. If you look at my real page or website  all of the mastopexy pictures  do not have implants. 

Wendell Perry, MD

Breast lift options after breast feeding?

+1

Hi Nicole, thanks for the question. Based on your photos, I would say that you are an ideal candidate for a vertical augmentation mastopexy with a small implant.  The reason for the small implant is to provide the superior fullness needed for a similarly sized result. Transposition of breast tissue alone will fail to adequately accomplish your goals because a small amount of breast tissue is removed inferiorly to allow better tightening of the breast mound and to keep your overall breast size unchanged. 

The aforementioned approach is the gold standard for a patient that presents as you do.  The ultimate place for fat grafting in breast surgery has yet to be determined especially given that any variation and graft take in the superior pole region would result in asymmetry.  The link below is to one of my cases that is very similar to your own - hope you find it helpful. 

Regards, Dr. DeLuca

William F. DeLuca Jr, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

Hi!

From the photos that you have provided, it does seem like a lift would
be a benefit for you. I also agree with the other doctors that a small
implant may help you achieve that fuller look you may be striving for.
I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon in
order to discuss your options and what type of lift would work best
for you.

Good luck!

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Breast lift options

+1

You definitely need a mastopexy to lift your breasts.  This could possibly be done with a vertical techique, but may also require some skin excision at the inframammary fold leaving a short horizontal scar.  If you want some volume in the upper pole, a small implant would help.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Breast lift after baby

+1

You will need a formal breastlift which would require the "anchor" incision: around the nipple, down the center of the breast and along the fold. You have some asymmetry and it looks like the right breast is a little more saggy and larger than the left and this should be addressed to make the breasts more even. You may go down up to a cup size with the lift once the excess skin is tightened. Some women don't want scars on their breasts, but to get a better shape and symmetry, you will require them. You have nice volume, so it doesn't look like you will need augmentation.

Hope this helps!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Breast lift after breast feeding

+1

If you are happy with the overall volume then you probably do not need an implant.  A lift using a lollipop type incision will limit the incisions used and give you a nice lift.  I use this all the time and give lectures on this subject.  Good luck.

Breast lift after breast feeding

+1

The pictures confirm that you need a lift and an implant alone is not feasible. Implants only provide pillow volume and do not lift the breast anyway. The minimum size increase with an implant is about one cup size and you don't need this. Your breasts don't look as big as they are because they are low. If they are lifted properly they will look bigger. 

I would recommend a lift (mastopexy) alone which can be done with a vertical (lollipop) incision. The nipple-areola and central breast can be imbricated or raised into the upper pole to help with upper pole scalloping and the lower part imbricated up in order to get the breast to heal ini the correct position and not depend on the skin to hold it up which also helps prevent recurrence. The only thing this doesn't do is give forward projection of the nipple-areola but is most likely to give you back the look of the breast you had. 

I would caution against the use of "crescent" or periareolar approaches to breast lifts as you need a true lift and not an adjustment of the nipple-areolar position. I would also recommend against some sort of "permanent" thread lift.

A bit of tissue can be removed from the right side to offset the slight volume difference. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1
Thank you for the photos. It looks like you are a good candidate for a breast lift using the lollipop incision to minimize scars on your breasts. Best of luck ! Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Breast lift with or without implants.

+1

I would recommend a breast lift without implants.  Implants carry additional potential complications, which are not insignificant.  It sounds like your main concern is with the shape of your breasts rather than the volume.  I think you will have a great result with a mastopexy.  Good luck.  Jonathan Staiano

Jonathan J. Staiano, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon