Can a Breast Lift Have a Lasting Effect?

Am 20 years old. I lost 23 kgs over the past one and a half year. My size is 34G now. Stretch marks started to appear on my breasts since i was in the 8th grade.And they show even more now around all of my breast.they have an ugly saggy wrinkled appearance. Its skin with nothing under.u can fold the skin. Its really disturbing me.Is breast life a good option? Will it have a long lasting effect ? I dont wante smaller breast, i want a full breast with no saggy skin. Thank you

+1

Dear Aline,

Thank you for your question.  Certainly, having a breast lift is a fundamental change to your body.  However, gravity still acts on your body as before.  The lighter your breasts, the longer lasting the lift.  Also, maintance of the lift by always wearing a bra helps the lift last longer.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift/augmentation

+1

It is hard to tell without pictures. If your breast size is small, you would probably want to consider getting an augmentation done in conjunction with your breast lift. However, if your breast size is satisfactory, all that would be needed to remove the excess skin would be a breast lift. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon who would be able to tell you if an augmentation is needed. 

Best of luck, Dr. Marefat

Saeed Marefat, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast lifts will help

+1

but nothing is permanent when it comes to cosmetic procedures and time and gravity will adversely affect your results.  You have many options to choose from including the Rubin mastopexy, a reduction with implants, and an auto-augmentation mastopexy.  You have to understand the anticipated outcomes from such procedures and choose what you feel is best for yourself.

Curtis Wong, MD

+1

Thank you for your question.  Photos would be helpful in formulating useful advice, but in the end the best advice will come from an in person consultation. 

If your breast size is satisfactory, a breast lift alone will probably be sufficient, since very little tissue is actually removed. If volume is an issue, use of implants will improve the result. 

Breast lifting at an early age should not be considered a lifetime correction, and more than is a face lift. Life events such as pregnancies, future weight changes may precipitate more rapid changes in the breast leading to more ptosis (sagging). 

When you are ready for an in person consultation,RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

+1

Thank you for the good question.  Patients who undergo breast lifting surgery should be aware that additional “lifting” may become necessary in the future. The chances that the patient will require additional breast lifting increases if there is additional weight gain/loss after surgery and/or  after pregnancies.

In order to achieve a “full” breast with “no saggy skin” a breast augmentation/lifting procedure may be indicated for many patients. Of course, precise advice in your case would require in-person examination and a full communication of your goals. I find the use of goal pictures very helpful during the communication process.

Most patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations and the right time of their lives  psychosocially) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do in the field of plastic surgery.

When the time is right, you may benefit from in-person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons. Select your plastic surgeon carefully, ask to see lots of examples of his/her work, and communicate your goals carefully. 

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Lollipop scar breast lift (Lejour technique) gives long term lift and fullness.

+1

Hi.

1)  It is really all a matter of technique in my opinion.  If the lift is done by tightening the skin, the skin will stretch and the result will fall.

2)  The vertical lollipop scar lift shapes and lifts the breast INTERNALLY with no skin tension.  So you have a much better chance of a great long term result.  Get a couple of consultations, because many surgeons don't do the vertical lift.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

+1

A breast lift tightens the skin envelope and helps to lift the breast as the name implies.  The longevity of the result depends upon the techniques employed, the quality of the skin, and the weight of the breasts.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

A breast lift will have a long lasting effect.  What contributes to recurrance of sagging is losing elasticity with age and losong a ot of weight.  In your case, you have the sagging and wrinkled appearance because of the weight loss.  It sounds like you would be a good candidate for a breast lift.  If you are really deflatted, you might even need a small implant but you would need an inperson consultation to know for sure.

Rigo Mendoza, MD