Breast Lift After Having Implants? Having a Tummy Tuck Done and Would Like a Lift at the Same Time?

I had a breast lift and implants placed November 2009, then got pregnant in April of 2010, and am about 3-4 post breastfeeding. I'm having a tummy tuck done and have a consultation in August for that but am wondering if I should ask about my breast too, they don't seem as full and I'm not sure if they are sagging...what do you think?

Breast lift and tummy tuck together

While you are having your abdominoplasty surgery would be an excellent time to have any surgery you may need on your breasts.  Not only will doing them together save you recovery time but will aslo usually save quite a bit of money.

Gary Hall,MD

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

14340 Metcalf Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66223

Revision of Breast Lift is very possible at the time of Tummy Tuck

Hi there-

Breast lift (whether a first time or a revision) is very safe to combine with tummy tuck provided you are a good candidate for surgery. Talk to your surgeon about your goals.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

7009 Dr. Phillips Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819

Tummy tuck can be done together with breast lift.

This is a common and safe combination of procedures.  A revision breast lift is usually not complicated.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

875 Park Ave at 78th Street
New York, NY 10075

Breast lift with or without implants can easily be performed at the same time as tummy tuck.

A breast lift with implants will make your breasts perkier and fuller. The breast lift will get rid of the extra skin and implants will restore volume loss.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

2103 Crestmoor Road
Nashville, TN 37215

Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck

I would recommend doing both procedures at one time. This saves you some money as well as recovery time. My only concerns is to make sure that your breasts are not lactating and that they have returned to a pre-pregnancy size as this may alter your final breast lift results.

Leo Lapuerta, MD

2360 County Road 94
Pearland, TX 77584

Post pregnancy mommy makeover.

I would agree that it makes sense to have the two together and it is quite popular. After all this is what a mommy makeover is about. Considering that you already have implants it may well be that placing a larger implant is all what is needed, and would be quite fast and inexpensive, and the recovery from that very easy.

M. Vincent Makhlouf, MD, FACS

9301 Golf Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016

Tummy tuck and breast revision

It is quite common for me to perform breast surgery at the same time that I perform a tummy tuck for some patients.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift

I would recommend you do those two surgeries together. Not only will you save money but you will save on down time. 

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

4520 Executve Drive
San Diego, CA 92121

Should Tummy tuck be combined with a breast lift?

A tummy tuck is often combined with breast surgery- lift and/or augmentation. By combining both surgeries at one time you elimintae two separate surgeries, 2 anesthesias, 2 recovery periois and you optimize the result of your body contouring. But you should first be examined by your Board Certifies plastic surgeon to see what type of breast surgery is indicated. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

9 E. 62nd Street
New York, NY 10021

Tummy tuck and breast surgery at the same time

I have a number of patients that  have breast surgery and an abdominoplasty at the same time. However, since you have already had breast surgery, you are aware of the recovery associated with this surgery. An abdominoplasty has its own recovery milestones and issues- so be certain to discuss this with your surgeon in great detail- you don't want any unexpected "surprises".

William Loutfy, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

5203 Juan Tabo NE
Albuquerque, NM 87111