Why is One Breast Still So Much Larger Than the Other?

Pre-op: My breasts were asymmetrical, right breast larger. Surgeon did areolar approach w/ hi profile implants 375cc on left & 350ccs + a LIFT on the right side. Post-op I noticed my right breast still much bigger. Surgeon says its just more swollen from the lift but its been over 2 wks & right is fuller/heavier/sticks out more. I noticed on my Natrelle I.D. card the box showing which side each implant was placed on was scribbled out/ changed. Did he mix the sizes up? When will I be able to tell

Two weeks post augmentation

+1

At two weeks all bets are off. There may be differential swelling making one look bigger than the other. Give it some time to heal.

Implant mix-up?

+1

AT two weeks, there is sitll signficant swelling, and I would recommend waiting at least 3-4 months before making any accusations. In the meantime, let you surrgeon know about your dissatisfaction but continue to observe.

Breast Augmentation and Asymmetry

+1

It is still very early to tell and I tell my patients to wait about 4 months before the majority of the swelling is gone and things have settled in.  You must keep in mind that you were asymmetric before the surgery and you will be asymmetric after the surgery but closer.  Since you had a lift on one side and not the other the breasts will look different.  But you still need to wait and see how things look.

Good luck and be patient.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

It takes at least 3 months to see what your final result will look like

+1

Two weeks is still very early. It takes at least three months for swelling to subside enough and for the implants to settle before you can tell what the final result will be. Give it more time.

Mark Broudo, MD