Breast Issue For My 13 Year Old Daughter?

13 year old daughter is 34 jj and is suffering back shoulder pain and is withdrawn and low self esteem can't do sport cos it hurts and can't get a sports bra to fit cant get school shirts to fit she is a size 12 in everything but a ladys 22on top I scared as I don't want her to end up on anti depressants need help please

Early breast reduction probably good idea.

+2

Hi.

1)  Bad problem!  We usually advise putting off breast reduction until breasts have stopped growing (ages 17 to 20).  But I think your daughter is the exception.  The quality of her life should improve dramatically, and based just on the information you share, I would recommend a breast reduction right away.

2)  It is very likely that she will need another one in five or ten years.  But this is generally a safe operation, and seems like a small price to pay for having much better teen age years.

Breast Reduction Candidate at 13?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the physical and psychosocial problems your daughter's disproportionately large breasts are causing her.  I am glad however that she has your support and understanding.
It is probable that she is dealing with juvenile breast hypertrophy along with the physical and psychosocial consequences of this diagnosis. In other words, the breasts are too large for her frame causing  both physical and psychological distress.

Although it may be slightly too early to undergo this procedure, it is not too early to do your homework and learn as much as possible  about  breast reduction surgery and the potential risks and complications associated with  the procedure.    Again, it is hopeful that she has her support as you both do the homework.

Unsatisfactory scarring is  one of the potential complications. Make sure she also understands that further surgery may be necessary in the future (for example if the breasts were to grow in size again).

On the other hand, breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform and I think that for the right teenager (enough symptoms) it may be an excellent option (regardless of the age).

Sometimes breast  reduction surgery is covered through health insurance. The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization. 
When the time is right,  seek consultation with well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.