Breast Implants, Result After 8 Weeks, Too Small.

BA done 8 weeks ago. Size prior 34c, after tight 34c. 375cc put in. I'm 5'0, 135 lbs. I was hoping for a LARGER size post op and healing. They changed direction and face fwd. not round on the sides like I used to be prior and what I wanted. Dr. took in 20 photos I put on a poster while he did surgery. He said 450 prior, came out 375. I know I don't want to HEAL this small, I'd like to have MY 450 put in ASAP, how long should I wait to redo or remove? I actually looked better before.

Breast augmentation

+3

Sorry that you feel that you are too small. Certainly they could be exchanged but you should wiat a few more months until the breasts are soft and well healed.

Not Happy With Size After Augmentation

+2

No doctor gets it right every time and we all recognize this. Make sure you talk with the surgeon now about your dissatisfaction and approach it politely, not with accusations. We are in this businesss to make our patients happy. Give it al least one to two more months and if it is still not a result you want I'm sure your surgeon will be happy to change the implants for you.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Too Small after Breast Augmentation?

+2

I'm sorry to hear about your current disappointment with the results of surgery;  however, I would suggest that you wait 6 months before deciding on further surgery. It is not unusual for breast to change in appearance several months after breast augmentation surgery.

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon and calm;  I'm sure your plastic surgeon will do everything possible to make sure you are please with the end results.

Breast augmentation size problems

+2

Your doctor did intraoperatively what they thought was best for you and wants you to be happy.  For whatever reason, they chose the implants you currently have.  Give it 2 more months of healing to be sure the tissues don't just relax and look great.  If that doesn't happen it is easy to switch the implants but now is too soon.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

#Breast contouring, #BreastAugmentation, #Breastlift, #Fatgraft to the breasts, #beauty

+1

Dear Crystalball4hi

Thank you for your question! Breast implant size selection and expected size and shape results are very difficult.   There is no one SURE method to help a patient determine exact outcomes.  Your breast tissue around the implant will relax- and maybe allowing a larger implant to be placed- HOWEVER- you may not end up with the result that you desire.  Allow for more time for healing and the advice of your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

With Warmest Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Implants too small?

+1

It is unfortunate that you are disappointed in your breast surgery results. In making a final implant selection many factors come into play. I would concur that you should wait several more months before going larger. As you are only 5 feet tall I think large implants will make you look larger and heavier than you are. It is far easier to wear a push up bra if you want to look fuller.

If you still insist on the 450 implants your surgeon may be willing to work with you on the surgical fees and implant costs. All of us want happy patients!

Ann F. Reilley, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon