Breast Implants, Would You Recommend a Light? (photo)

Hello I have lost power 150 lbs and am soon going to get implants, from the looks of my pictures would it be recommended to get a lift or can I get away with just implants? I'm not sure between saline and silicon. I've never been bigger then a B cup, I'm not sure how many cc to go with. My doctor suggested 500 cc. I do not want to be huge. Please help and thank you

A Breast Lift And Smaller Implant Is Best After Weight Loss And Breast Sag

+5

Thank you for your question and photographs. It is a very important question and simply placing 500 cc implants into sagging breasts will not give you a good result in my opinion.

You definitely will be happier with a breast lift which will give you a normally shaped breast in a proper higher location on your chest wall.

If you want a natural look and not obviously to have had implants a 250 cc implant would be my choice. However if you want a full B or small C shaped breast 300, 325, or 350 cc would be the largest I would go based on your photographs.

Do your self a favor and consult an additional plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who has a good reputation and is experienced in breast restoration after weight loss including breast lifting and breast augmentation.

A 500 cc implant is huge and I rarely if ever find the need to use an implant that large. Visit the loveyourlook.com website and you can review photographs of patients who have had various sizes of implants and look at the 500 cc patient's I think you will be quite concerned.

Goodluck and thank you again for your very important and excellent question.

Breast surgery

+2

I recommend that you have a lollipop type lift and somewhat smaller implants. Either saline or silicone are fine. Many surgeons will recommend silicone because of your thin skin. If you simply have large implants paced without a lft, your breasts will stretch out and really sag.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Size recommendation

+2
Your breasts are too far apart with no cleavage and are much too low. You would benefit from a lift procedure at the time of augmentation. There is a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift. This technique reshapes the breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevates them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. At the same time, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. 500 cc implants would never fit retro-pectorally, would extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. If you are size 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. If you are size 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve your desired goal. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant augmentation size or breast lift

+2

It is hard to ascertain without knowledge of your height, weight, breast width, and physical examination, but from my experience, you *may* be able to have just an implant to fill out your skin which will partially recenter the nipple and support your breast skin.

However, the implant size has to be determined carefully, so that it fills the skin envelope adequately to get away with not needing a lift.

My advice would be to try on sizers and pick the size that you want to be. Then, based on that, your surgeon would be better able to tell you whether you would need a lift to tighten the skin over that size of an implant. You can also stage the surgeries and do the implant size of your choosing first, see how everything fills out, and then decide whether you need a minor lift afterwards. Good luck...

Deborah Pan, MD
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implants

+2

Thanks for your question - I agree that a lift would be very helpful. 500 cc implants are quite large - in New England terms, they will make quite a statement. My preference is for gel implants which look and feel more natural.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants, Would You Recommend a Lift?

+2

The breasts appear to be primarily deflated and a lift may be avoided. The size should be determined in conjunction with your plastic surgeon after trying on sizers in the office. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast volume lost

+2

Congratulations on your weight loss accomplishment! From your photos it is difficult to tell if a lift would be necessary. It would depend on the size of the implants that you choose as well as the look you are hoping to achieve from surgery. The implants will restore the volume that you've lost, but they may or may not take up the excess skin based on the size of the implants. Good luck.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss deflates your breast

+2

and I congratulate on your weight loss. Your photos suggest a lift is not needed but an exam would provide more information. As for the size, you should have an active role in choosing what you want and should employ external sizers or 3D visualization to help you appreciate what size is 'best' for you. Good luck and pick something you are comfortable with but my biggest complaint I get from my patients is "I wish I went larger".

Curtis Wong, MD

Loss of volume after weight loss

+2

You have certainly lost a lot of volume in your breasts because of the weight loss. Implants will restore that lost volume. From the front views of the pictures you posted, I would think that you would also need a breast lift, however, the angled view makes me think that perhaps you could get away with just implants. Since I am not in the position to examine you in person, I would have to defer to your examining physician to determine what size implants to use and whether or not you need a breast lift as well.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Breasts After Massive Weight Loss

+2

Congratulations on your weight loss! You definitely need to have a lift and also need implants to fill the upper poles of your breasts. I feel that you certainly could use implants smaller than 500cc. Consider a second opinion.

John Whitt, MD