Painless Breast Implants and Only $3000?

I'm interested in getting saline breast implants, i found a place in redwood city called "glow" and they are only charging $3,300. That price seems way too low and they also said during surgery i will be awake but "pain free"......is that even normal.... should i run??!!

When it looks too good to be true.....

+2
Nobody ever gives away anything for free.  So ask yourself, where are they cutting corners to offer such a price?  Who is doing the surgery?  What implants are you getting?  Is the place accredited? Google them to see if there are any complaints and safety/patient issues ongoing at this place.  Who is doing the anesthesia?  Sounds like nobody which why you will be "awake".  We've had such a 'surgeon' operating in our area.  He is no longer allowed to operate as far as I know.
Beware of 'too good to be true' deals.  You really need to find a surgeon who is reputable and properly certified.  It's unfortunate but it is up to you to ensure that you choose the right surgeon.  The laws in most places have not yet caught up with this situation.  When you get on an airplane.  you trust that the pilot is properly trained to fly that jumbo jet and not a little propeller plane.  In cosmetic surgery.... you must ask, you can't just assume.

Cheap surgery

+2

This price sounds suspiciously low.  Is the procedure done in an accredited surgery center?  Is there an anesthesiologist or CRNA (nurse-anesthetist) monitoring your vital signs while you are sedated?  Is the surgeon a board-certified plastic surgeon? 

If the answers to any of these questions are "no", then you should really re-assess your plan.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Painless Breast Implants

+2

It is certainly a lower  fee than is available in my area. I would observe the usual cautions. Ascertain that the surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons.

You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

+2

That would be a very low price and an unusual approach to placing breast implants.  The key is that the surgeon is skilled and a board certified anesthesiologist is present.  If that is the case, then this may be fine.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Less is Not Always Better for BA

+1
If it is too good to be true it probably isn't. No such thing as "painless breast augmentation" as even local anesthesia is uncomfortable as is the recovery. Here are the factors that you need to examine and also are responsible for price difference.  Breast Augmentation prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. It might be  that this does means a less experience surgeon and therefore less quality surgery. My recommendation is to first find qualified surgeons that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. Factors that influence the price include:
1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctors office? Geographical location also has a significant influence.

2. Type of Anesthesia - IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist be used, or an RN?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best trained (and longest) would be a surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long, etc . Will other procedures also be done like a breast lift, lipo on the sides of your breast/chest wall, etc be also performed?

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Discount breast surgery

+1

There is no free lunch and you do not get something for nothing. This is a group of general surgeons doing cosmetic surgery. I do not even think they are certified in general surgery because they cannot be found on the ABMS listing.

Aaron Stone, MD

Cheap breast augmentation surgery

+1

Good, fast and cheap - you get to pick two! If it is good and cheap it will not be fast and if it is fast and cheap it will not be good.  It is possible to perform a breast augmentation under local anesthesia if the implant is placed subglandular.  It is the old story you get what you pay for.  

Glow center??

+1

Appears this center's docs ARE NOT boarded PLASTIC SURGEONS!!!! Thus you get what you pay for. Be careful out there! 

Painless Breast Implant Surgery for $300? #breastimplants

+1

Well, you need to do your research. You first need to make sure you are going to a board certified plastic surgeon by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. That is so important for you to do. Next you should speak to patients who have had the procedure done by this surgeon to see how they feel about their experience. If the office is unable to give you a few names I would be suspicious. So the surgery you speak of is likely under sedation which can be done comfortably and effectively. I do not prefer to do mine that way for many reasons. My patients are put to sleep. Do your homework and look at many people as possibilities and get a general price from many board certified surgeons and see if the price you got just seems way too low. Some doctors have operating rooms in their offices. In this case often times they can keep price down. But, if you go this route make sure they are an accredited facility which means they have passed the scrutiny of making sure they are safe. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Too good to be true

+1

I would say that plastic surgery is good,cheep is good ,but cheep plastic surgery is not good. There are fixed costs involved with breast augmentation and the only way to go below the normal range,is to cut corner.Both surgeons at the Glow are not board certified by board of plastic surgery.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon